Week On Moreton 14-19/6

benno573

Nice one @benno573 - some good fish caught and some top family time had. Squeezing in trips around bubs sleeping time is always fun - I remember those days ..... 🙂 Congrats on the new arrival by the way - @ellicat told me recently, great news!!  Oh and he also told me your other news ......... I've sent a PM to @christophagus to request a loophole in the eligibility rules for State of Origin so you can still represent (ie. score crucial points ...) when we resurrect State of Origin ........ 🙂 

9 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Gees, you did alright on the fishing front for a Dads'life member. Some good fish were captured. Did the mrs get a go too ? How did Bun go with seeing the fish flapping around, get her excited ?

Super sunset shot !

Nah, mrs wasn’t overly interested - isn’t normally that into it and just has the occasional dabble so no change there. 

Bubs didn’t see a lot of live fish but certainly enjoyed watching 14 pelicans fight over the frames and all the other birds and trees along the way. She met Candice too. 

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one @benno573 - some good fish caught and some top family time had. Squeezing in trips around bubs sleeping time is always fun - I remember those days ..... 🙂 Congrats on the new arrival by the way - @ellicat told me recently, great news!!  Oh and he also told me your other news ......... I've sent a PM to @christophagus to request a loophole in the eligibility rules for State of Origin so you can still represent (ie. score crucial points ...) when we resurrect State of Origin ........ 🙂 

i will get around to ressurecting it...got a few new ideas floating around my head for this year!

21 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey kmcrosby78

I am in Sherwood, so I think I am on the Southsiders team as I'm South of the river 🙂 (I may or may not have read every Suburbs of Origin thread I could find 😉). 

Cheers Hamish

I had a feeling you were a good person ......... go the mighty Southsiders!!!  I used to live in Sherwood before moving to Murarrie.

• 2 months later...
On 12/09/2020 at 8:46 AM, Drop Bear said:

Hey @benno573

I just fell on this report. Well done mate some cracking fish. 

Where did you camp? 

I suspect you were fishing just west of North Point? 

Did the bream off the rocks fall for a slug? 

Hey mate, 

camped at north point campground. 

Fish on the yak was at the spot we went to in rebel-t that time. No bream caught off the rocks, only long toms. Bream all came off the beach on plastics. 

On 15/09/2020 at 7:44 AM, samsteele115 said:

Nice mate! I usually work on the weekends but will let you know when I know my roster. 

There's been stuff all around this week! 

I didn't realise it was school holidays so trip had to be cancelled as we cant find a place to throw a tent haha. BBL

Do you have any local info on the controversial building stuff at the point? 

5 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Nice one Benno. #dadlife and fishing is a hard thing to balance in the early days.

I could not imagine being able to pull off 5 days of camping with a 5 month old. Hats off to you.

yeah looking back i am not sure what we were thinking there.  seemed like a good idea at the time!  one good thing is at 5 months they are unlikely to head off exploring on their own and not be exactly where you left them.  trying to sneak out of the tent in the middle of the night for a leak without waking the bub was an interesting challenge.  but otherwise - it really wasn't as bad as you might think - just pick up existing routine and move to different location really. 

it's also really interesting watching someone else experience things for the first time.  she absolutely loved it, hoping for more of the same next trip.  but with more and bigger fish for me.

On 17/09/2020 at 7:07 AM, Drop Bear said:

I didn't realise it was school holidays so trip had to be cancelled as we cant find a place to throw a tent haha. BBL

Do you have any local info on the controversial building stuff at the point? 

I haven't read enough into it to be honest, there's so much happening on the island I wouldn't be surprised