First Aid Kit

ellicat

Hey ellicat

I know I don't own a boat, but here is what I generally include in mine - 

1) Band-aids, bandages, etc - Anything you will need to wrap up cuts/wounds

2) Antiseptic wipes - These make it good for cleaning the cuts

3) Matches - I think they are a good idea, but they're more something you want to have for camping

4) Pliers (but you will normally have that as a fishing tool anyways). I haven't used them but I think if someone gets hooked you can snip off the end so the hook comes out? 

I know that is probably considered very basic, and like you ellicat, I'm also interested in what others would have had/learnt to have. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Essential for guest deckies are Motion sickness tablets never know who may need some or risk and early return trip.

I have a basic first aid kit from St. John’s. This included a first aid quick reference guide, because if you are on a boat probably 50% of the time it will be u needing a refresher on what to do in a CPR situation.

Specific for boating I’ve Replaced the band aids with waterproof ones (more likely to stay on during a fishing session).

Also added an emergency blanket in case stuck overnight in cold / inclement weather and underdressed in summer.

Other then that I have some antiseptic cream nearby as most common issue is small cuts that need cleaning out before bandage.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ellicat

Just thought of an additional thing to add to above (especially with the cold weather of late). One of those 'emergency blankets' may be on OK one in case yourself/someone onboard the boat falls in the drink. They are good for warming people up. 

https://tacmedaustralia.com.au/products/aeroplast-emergency-thermal-blanket-single?variant=5044078772261&currency=AUD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7X4BRA4EiwAUXjbtz9BDtEaQk_XPYfIaJhFQd112_X45-Rf0_CYJ3zfjx7WBJPXg42YrxoCn5QQAvD_BwE

Cheers Hamish 🙂