ellicat

Lowrance - Beware Of The 'x'

6 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Yes, the Navionics card is available.

So then I don’t know why sonarcharts or not available and greyed out. Navionics+ and platinum+ cards all have sonarcharts

12 minutes ago, ellicat said:

For now I'll just use what I have to get me through this week of good weather and then see what help I can get from Navionics or the retailer.

Aaah so u haven’t activated and updated the card the first time? You need to do that on the PC with an sd card reader to get the bathymetry (sonarcharts) loaded

3 hours ago, aussie123 said:

You may have to download the Navionics Chart Installer program and insert the card into your USB using their dongle to activate and update the card.

Once that is done, you should have all the latest chart updates, sonar charts and community edits on your card.

Yes. I remember doing that myself now you mention it. It also registers the card at the same time.

So I managed to get the micro sd card out, but the PC won't read it (as it is broken) so cannot do the activation. After discussion with Navionics it is easier to just go cough up for a new one and get it sorted tomorrow rather than save only $50 and have to wait for it to be sent in the mail by who knows when.

Experience is the great teacher once again.

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

For now I'll just use what I have to get me through this week of good weather and then see what help I can get from Navionics or the retailer.

Far out Wednesday and Thursday look mint this week. I hope you get out and give me a report to read while I'm layed up?

8 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Far out Wednesday and Thursday look mint this week. I hope you get out and give me a report to read while I'm layed up?

That is my intention. Heading out both days.

You wouldn't happen to know if the schoolies are still on at Spot X would you ? I have other plans but the mind could be changed.

30 minutes ago, ellicat said:

All sorted now. Happy camper again. SD Card activated, Sonar charts loaded. Waypoints added. Ready to go fishing.

Thanks to all those that chipped in with advice.

Great news, ellicat!

Please login or register to view this image

Hopefully it helps a lot. 

Cheers Hamish

6 hours ago, ellicat said:

All sorted now. Happy camper again. SD Card activated, Sonar charts loaded. Waypoints added. Ready to go fishing.

Thanks to all those that chipped in with advice.

The fish will have no chance.......and you will have no excuses 

Please login or register to view this image