Good Berley

GregOug

Hey Greg

In the bay I use pilchards and any left over bait from previous trips cut up as small as possible. 

Offshore I use pilchards,chicken laying pellets. Tuna oil, bread crumbs prawn shells mixed into some salt water so I can make balls to throw up current.

Careful when doing burley in the bay as it can attract a lot of unwanted vermin like sharks, catfish and FUGU. Just use it sparingly. 

Cheers Josh <><

Hey GregOug

When I use berley, it normally consists of something like old bait (herring/prawn), if I have them chicken pellets, prawn scraps, and bread. I put them all in a bag/bucket and make a bit of a trail. 

I'd imagine any grinners you'd catch might make an OK berley for the mincer, as well as any fish frames. I'll be interested to hear how your berleying goes! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Left over whiting frames, chicken pellets, tuna oil and pillies from the last trip into a blender. Very quick pulse with the blender to keep things chunky. Freeze it in takeaway containers or milk bottles.

When anchored up the frozen block goes into my whiting scaler bag over the side. Keeps a nice gradual trail as the block melts.