Brisbane River Session #33 And #34

AUS-BNE-FISHO

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Nice one Hamish. That's a decent bream, would have given a good fight with the extra padding on it.

Hey ellicat

Yep, it sure had a good tussle about it. Probably would've been more fun if I loosened up my drag a bit more, but I didn't want to lose it to the pylons. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Hweebe said:

Solid Brizzy river bream

Hey Hweebe

Thanks for that, yep, I was pretty happy with it! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

10 hours ago, Hweebe said:

How does the current go where u fish? Is it the Brisbane river or a creek?

Morning Hweebe

Yep, the current rips through. It is the main Brisbane River. 

Eventually you work out how to fish with the tide, and even though it goes through so fast you can still manage some... 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

7 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Morning Hweebe

Yep, the current rips through. It is the main Brisbane River. 

Eventually you work out how to fish with the tide, and even though it goes through so fast you can still manage some... 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Humm do you find you get better catches around slack tide when your bait doesn't have to be naturally weighted (heavy) down?

10 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Humm do you find you get better catches around slack tide when your bait doesn't have to be naturally weighted (heavy) down?

Hey Hweebe

Honestly, it depends on what you’re targeting.

All my larger fish (salmon, sharks, and even cod and bream) are mainly caught when at any given time in the tide cycle. I find very much that it is more what position opposed to the flow of the tide. In terms of having less weight, I don’t change it as the tide gets lower - the main solution to not having it look natural is live bait, which makes it look natural again.

I also find (at this spot) that it is more where you position your lines opposed as well. One up in structure, and two out deeper with live baits help me generally go OK.

Catfish and perch seem to bite a lot better around the change of the tide, and it always seems like there is slightly more activity. When my dad and I went out together here a lot all our trips would be based around the changing tide - we still did pretty good.

Cheers Hamish