3 hours ago, Andrew_P said:

If it’s not legit then email Alan Hawk and get it put into his list of dodgy shops

http://www.alanhawk.com/blog/zmb.html

I am highly suspicious of a new Stradic for $90. I wouldn’t sell my 10 year old stradics for that! 
I would contact your bank and get the transaction cancelled mate. 

Hey Andrew_P

Yep, that is a good idea. Prevent others from getting it as well. 

3 hours ago, GregOug said:

I paid with PayPal so there is some protection 

That is good also, GregOug. If you do get the real deal the site might be something to look into. 

Cheers Hamish

15 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Well, it doesn’t. And that’s the worry but I decided to take the risk. If it works out everyone on here can get themselves a super cheap Stradic.

At the time of purchase I saw Shimano on the reel in one of the photos but can’t find it again. Looking at the reviews, one of the first reviews that pops up includes three photos of the delivered reel, with a Shimano sticker on it. Another review states it took quite some time to ship.

Fingers crossed @GregOug. I couldn’t see the 5000 reel advertised on that site but if it is real it will be the bigger brother of the 3000 HG FL that I bought recently for $290. On that site he does have a Stradic 3000 for $51. The colours look the same as the C14+, and Shimano do make a 3000HG, but not sure that the details on the spool match? Was the 5000 you ordered silver or red? It will be very interesting to see what turns up.

10 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Fingers crossed @GregOug. I couldn’t see the 5000 reel advertised on that site but if it is real it will be the bigger brother of the 3000 HG FL that I bought recently for $290. On that site he does have a Stradic 3000 for $51. The colours look the same as the C14+, and Shimano do make a 3000HG, but not sure that the details on the spool match? Was the 5000 you ordered silver or red? It will be very interesting to see what turns up.

I can’t even remember the colour now. Lol

I would have thought that if they were genuine reels they would have the Shimano name printed on them  and advertised as such but I couldn't see it, I would hazard a guess that they are only copies, having said that they still might work fine for the $ you paid. But you never know, I once paid about $260 for a Daiwa SLT50W from the US when they were about $1100 here. So bargains can be had, people buy bulk lots at foreclosure sales, bankruptcies,  auctions, end of model clearance, insurance claims etc. sometimes for peanuts and get rid of them cheap so you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, GregOug said:

If by a miracle they are the real deal I think I’ll be replacing all my reels!

If anyone thinks that these are genuine Shimano reels, you will be horribly disappointed when or if they arrive.

These are chinese knockoffs and have been floating around for a while now.

Also be prepared for customs to sieze them if they suspect them to be Shimano copies.

16 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

If anyone thinks that these are genuine Shimano reels, you will be horribly disappointed when or if they arrive.

These are chinese knockoffs and have been floating around for a while now.

Also be prepared for customs to sieze them if they suspect them to be Shimano copies.

Oh well. We all get taken from time to time. I knew the risk when I ordered it.

Yea can’t wait for it to come in that’s if it does came in I had a look at the website today but I’ll dig deeper tonight and find important information such if it’s a scam a knockoff or a one in a million miracle. If It’s a actual Stradic I’m gonna buy like 3 Stellas or Stradic for $150 that’s cheap as chips but I simply thinks it’s to good to be true as the website to me looks like the your average scam artists special 

• 5 weeks later...