Fraser Attack! :(

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Its a big roll of the dice up there.

Can't blame the shark at all. It's their waters.

Saying that, there is no way I'd swim up there. 

Stand on waddy pt and look south towards Champaign pools. You can watch the sharks zig zagging up the beach. 

I've seen the biggest tiger shark ever up there on the Gardiner banks. Longer than a 5.2m boat. 

The only spots I have a dip at are waste deep in the gutter at waddy and wuthumba creek but only if the water is clear otherwise it's fresh water.

Hi Junky

Yep, that is very fair. 

A 5.2M shark is very scary. Imagine being attacked by that. 

I have never been to Fraser. Maybe swimming in some of the spots I might may not be so wise...

Hi Hweebe

Yep, it would be very tragic for his friends and family. Best of wishes to them. 

I suppose spearfishing would be one of those things easier said than done. You would pretty much be a human berley trail if you shot a fish. 

Cheers Hamish

30 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Yep, it would be very tragic for his friends and family. Best of wishes to them. 

I suppose spearfishing would be one of those things easier said than done. You would pretty much be a human berley trail if you shot a fish. 

Cheers Hamish

If you watch some of the spearo Youtube channels some of them have nerves of steel.

99.9% of encounters the sharks are timid or they are able to shoo the shark off or if the shark is very aggressive they will drop their caught fish.