A Fortnight At 1770

tugger

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

That is a great way to spend a fortnight! 1770 must be a blast whenever you go up. 🙂 

The colours on those jacks are awesome. Great job on another great 1770 trip. 

Cheers Hamish

I fell in love with  the place on my 1st trip years ago Hamish and the jacks did have some cool colours and plenty of fun on my light gear

2 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I'm waiting for Greg to reply back asking is she has a sister Mark .......... 😘  She's definitely a keeper mate 🙂.

I was down tingalpa ck years ago and we were smashing plenty of good whiting and I said I reckon we should head off soon and she said nick off we will not be leaving we will keep hooking in while they are on the bight. She knows the costs and effort of big fishing trips why cut it short is her and my mentality.

11 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Sounds like another good trip, Mark, with heaps of tasty fillets to remind you about it in the months before your next trip. Plus a bit of creek work and some exploring. Life is good.

Life is to short Steve i love to get out as you know can't wait for the retired life where its an every day decision to fish somewhere and life gets better 

1 hour ago, Leosonfire said:

Wow well played! It’s a a great spot also for land based tuna And Mac fishing off the rocky point

Thanks I have seen guys out at the point it looks fishy and boats troll around the headland right there for spanish mackerel

2 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Another great trip Mark - got the trout nailed!!!  Didn't realise those maori cod were so fat - solid fish.

Thanks Kelvin we picked up trout at most spots this time moving along all the time without flogging the same grounds. Callums moari cod was a stonker it had some good sized fillets. 

33 minutes ago, Ed. said:

On a side note have you heard  if any of the fish have Ciguatera in that area?

No i haven't heard of any in the area in fact qld health would normally broadcast a health warning if we had a few people getting poisoned. It has been quiet on that along the Queensland coast for a few years now 

6 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Looking at that last photo, looks like you really did get on the sauce Mark!🤣

I'd finished my can when they said raise your drinks but the dinner was to good to leave until finished for a top up. Some of our cooks were awesome and a big shout out to 1 in particular Drew which was this night in the photo. There wasn't  much talking just nom nom nom.