Northern Moreton Bay - New Member

Battler80

Thanks @Ed., @ellicat and @Leosonfire!

I usually target anything reefy (Snapper / Sweetlip etc. etc) but love to flick a lure for that elusive monster flatty and throw a slug at some mackeral when i get a chance.

Glad to hear they are helpful @Leosonfire 🙂 I will keep you in mind, I am looking to upgrade the rig (at some stage), to something with a bit more cover for the little ones and the misses (hoping around a 610) but I just love the flexibility of the 450 open.... Tell your wife that Tinnies are so much safer and more room to fish with mates means more fish to bring home (in theory anyway) 😄 

33 minutes ago, Battler80 said:

Thanks @Ed., @ellicat and @Leosonfire!

I usually target anything reefy (Snapper / Sweetlip etc. etc) but love to flick a lure for that elusive monster flatty and throw a slug at some mackeral when i get a chance.

Glad to hear they are helpful @Leosonfire 🙂 I will keep you in mind, I am looking to upgrade the rig (at some stage), to something with a bit more cover for the little ones and the misses (hoping around a 610) but I just love the flexibility of the 450 open.... Tell your wife that Tinnies are so much safer and more room to fish with mates means more fish to bring home (in theory anyway) 😄 

Exactly! Snaps a sweets are may favourites.....just need to find them 🤔

22 hours ago, Battler80 said:

Thanks @AUS-BNE-FISHO and @Hweebe!

Yeah it gets me out and about all things Moreton and beyond. Most adventurous I have been is about 15nm off 1770. The rig gets through anything I can throw it at. 

Really enjoying my night fishing atm too. Working from home makes that really easy on a work day too! 😉

Hey Battler80

Yep, sounds like a good rig. When I was home-schooled (with COVID), fishing more often was a big plus side! 

Like Hweebe said also, the river can also be productive at night... If you are keeping fish though, you might be a bit iffy on eating out of the dirtier stretches (I know I am!). 

Cheers Hamish

Thanks guys. I have fished the mouth of the river recently but hardly caught a thing, even around the infamous Clara rocks... the current was hauling through there though... always keen to try it again. I hit up the rockwalls and tried to sound around for something interesting but not much doing. Will have to try it again. You are right, its nice to poke in there when it is blowing. 

One thing I am really keen on getting good at is dropping baits for plastics. Just never seem to have much success. Watched at tonne of vids on techniques etc. but just don't seem to get anything to write home about. 😒

On 12/07/2020 at 8:21 AM, kmcrosby78 said:

Welcome mate, looking forward to hearing of your adventures. Nice versatile rig there. I am like you regarding plastics - need to stop being stubborn and give them a proper go (might also help me justify an electric motor to the missus ..... 😉).

Haha thanks @kmcrosby78. Yeah I have a tackle box full of stick baits and plastics but I just never have the motivation to use them (when I do it rarely lasts longer than 30mins). Need to do a few trips without any other bait I guess 😂