Seq Water Compliance

rayke1938

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor
Seqwater

Each Tuesday, will are spotlighting a different Seqwater staff member with our 'People behind the water' series, so you can learn a little more about the individuals who help provide safe, reliable and affordable drinking water for South East Queensland. This week we spotlight Principal Compliance Officer, Amber B...

“My team and I allocate a significant portion of our time patrolling Seqwater catchment and recreation areas, interacting with visitors and promoting public safety in these beautiful settings. Across Seqwater we have six authorised shipping inspectors – three of which are in my team – and these powers allow us to enforce maritime legislation on Seqwater lakes. We are also involved in covert and overt operations to crackdown on illegal trespassing and other offences on Seqwater-managed land. Through our work, my team has built a strong working relationship with a number of external agencies such as the Queensland Water Police, Maritime Safety Queensland, Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol, and Rural Stock and Crime Squad. We also work with other teams within Seqwater to help manage non-compliance issues on Seqwater land, such as land encroachments and stock grazing.

When we’re not out and about, you’ll find us in the office taking care of the administration side of the job; updating policies and procedures, negotiating shared boundary agreements, managing access to Seqwater land, risk assessments – there’s always paperwork to be done!

I started working for Seqwater back in 2010 and love the flexible working hours, the variety of tasks I get to perform, working with like-minded and supportive people and the evolving responsibilities in my role. One of the highlights though is that I have the opportunity to see some amazing natural areas within South East Queensland, including some of which are not accessible to the general public. “