Fishing Buddies Around Brisbane

shaun1800

I love wetting a line but have always struggled to find time, particularly since becoming a dad. Well, like a lot of people I was made redundant from my job recently so suddenly I have plenty of time for fishing.

I moved to wynnum about 6 months but haven't really had much luck in any of the recommended spots.

It would be good to explore some new spots and try to learn a thing or two (still struggling to figure out the bloody soft plastics). So if anyone's keen to go for a fish somewhere (happy to venture out to redcliffe etc), let me know.

G'day Shaun, welcome to the forum.

Plenty of helpful and keen fishermen on here. Keep posting and letting the forum know when you can get out and no doubt you will be able to meet up for a fish somewhere with someone. Do you fish freshwater as well as salt ?

There's a couple of dams on the northside that fish very well for bass. @rayke1938 and @Dinodadog regularly fish it. If you search  NPD  (North Pine Dam) you will see plenty of reports. Ray generously offers up decky spots every now and then so be on the lookout.

I will keep you in mind for a weekday invite to fish Moreton Bay or the Brissy River.

hey  mate, welcome to the forum. ive got a little one too, so fishing time is few and far between for me these days as well.

soft plastics are a bugger of a thing, they can be so frustraiting then so rewarding. Persstance pays off though! it took me about 10 years to catch a bream on a soft plastic, then the next session (a few days ago) i did really well and caught 5 solid bream. 

are you landbased?

Yeah the first bream I caught on a soft plastic (on the Brisbane River under a bridge next to norman bridge reserve) was a super exciting and rewarding moment.  I've struggled to catch much since aside from a decent flatty in hemment. I just find I end up getting snagged on stuff and get frustrated with re-rigging etc and not catching anything. I like the simplicity of bait but I also like the idea of not having to buy it over and over again. 

Yep I'm landbased. I've borrowed my dad's kayak and tried the raby bay canals once (again with soft plastics). Didn't get much but it was a bit of fun. 

Hi Shaun I fish out of my yak around Redcliffe generally but live half way between Redcliffe and Wynnum. Never fished from Wynnum thou. 

im obsessed with catch a snapper in the yak so generally that’s what I’m chasing.

i usually post when I’m thinking of doing a trip so keep a lookout. No patience for plastics 🤣 

leon 

Hi shaun1800

Welcome to posting. You'll find there is a bucket-load of great information on here you can learn off, as well as a lot of willingness to help others out. 

I fish both of my Father's yak and landbased, but I'm on the Southside. Have some good fishing - hopefully you managed a few OK ones. 

Tell us how you go too, we love a good report on here. 

Cheers Hamish