Yabbie Hunting Help, Bribie Island Area.

Josh Barbeler

Looking at going fishing at bribie, preferable south near and around bongaree. But I hate buying bait so I’m hoping that I can use my yabbie pump. Anyone know really good spots local to there where yabbies are very active. Willing to drive a little bit from there to find a spot. And if you also have any advice on where to fish around bongaree that would be perfect. Cheers 

Try Banksia Beach  and heading northwards along the foreshore toward White Patch till you hit a little bridge over a creek, any where in between along that area used to have Yabbies. Personally I haven't had too much luck catching a lot of fish from the Jetty at Bongaree.  The odd fish here and there but not worth the effort most times.

In the video above the guy is also using females with eggs on as bait. I always release those as they add to the population and make it more sustainable as those areas on the Island are always hit hard.

8 hours ago, Ed. said:

Try Banksia Beach  and heading northwards along the foreshore toward White Patch till you hit a little bridge over a creek, any where in between along that area used to have Yabbies. Personally I haven't had too much luck catching a lot from the Jetty at Bongaree.  The odd fish here and there but not worth the effort most times.

In the video above the guy is also using females with eggs on as bait. I always release those as they add to the population and make it more sustainable as those areas on the Island are always hit hard.

I’ve fished banksia beach once and it was dreadful, nothing at all. I read a lot of good feedback on somewhere Around bongaree, they were calling it the “rock drop off” or something along those lines. Do you know about that at all or if you’ve fished there if it was any good? Cheers 

7 hours ago, christophagus said:

i pump mine here at low tide only. there is alot of area covered in yabby holes. doesnt mean you get them with every pump though!

sometimes is hard work. but give it 20mins or so and you will get enough for a session! 

image.png.bdb425670afb1b467639bc61d104f3a0.png

Perfect cheers for that, I will definitely have a look there tomorrow