Led Underwater Boat Lights

Hweebe

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting into some night fishing so i'm looking to fit out these under water led lights as a fish / bait attractant.

Thoughts on whether Underwater LEDs in general work for night fishing or don't bother?

Some good reviews on FB for the below and i like the idea of supporting local manufacturing. Currently has an offer of 2 x the below lights for $220 delivered. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

https://h2oglo.com.au/product/trailer-boat-surface-mount-20watt-led-lights/

Cheers

Hweebe

At least if they don't work you will have a cool looking boat at night!,😉 If you want to try a light here is a link and they are only about $25 just to see if they work. I bought 2 myself but still haven't tested them out yet, but theoretically  lights at night should work.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Underwater-108-LED-Fishing-Light-Night-Boat-Lamp-Attracts-Fish-Shad-Squid/163676895227?hash=item261be737fb:g:~H8AAOSwhBtczie-

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting into some night fishing so i'm looking to fit out these under water led lights as a fish / bait attractant.

Thoughts on whether Underwater LEDs in general work for night fishing or don't bother?

Some good reviews on FB for the below and i like the idea of supporting local manufacturing. Currently has an offer of 2 x the below lights for $220 delivered. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

https://h2oglo.com.au/product/trailer-boat-surface-mount-20watt-led-lights/

Cheers

Hweebe

Hi Hweebe,

They sound like a good idea but when I choose any of the options it says they’re out of stock.

I recon they're worth a try. 

There are several different colors but the consensus seemed to fall in favor of green when I was looking at them. 

I have a pair of green relaxn led's but never fitted them. I just can't bring myself to drill holes in the transom. I will soon though. 

I've heard stories of good night's on the cobia up top on the inside of Moreton using lights. 

I recon they'd be awesome up the reef in the lagoons at night.   

On 16/07/2020 at 7:05 AM, Junky said:

I recon they're worth a try. 

There are several different colors but the consensus seemed to fall in favor of green when I was looking at them. 

I have a pair of green relaxn led's but never fitted them. I just can't bring myself to drill holes in the transom. I will soon though. 

I've heard stories of good night's on the cobia up top on the inside of Moreton using lights. 

I recon they'd be awesome up the reef in the lagoons at night.   

If you didn't pay too much for the ones you have it might be worth buying the ones Hweebe is suggesting, which don’t require drilling into the hull. I think they would work perfectly on my hull which has the last foot or so recessed higher and out of the wake drag. There are even fairly large hooks under there for securing the boat to the trailer. 

CFD177A7-1670-42FD-BAF5-4E6A500E03EF.jpeg

17 hours ago, GregOug said:

If you didn't pay too much for the ones you have it might be worth buying the ones Hweebe is suggesting, which don’t require drilling into the hull. I think they would work perfectly on my hull which has the last foot or so recessed higher and out of the wake drag. There are even fairly large hooks under there for securing the boat to the trailer. 

CFD177A7-1670-42FD-BAF5-4E6A500E03EF.jpeg

Yeah I recon I will go with the ones hweebe has linked. Blue Green me thinks. 

The relaxn ones are nice but 3 holes for 1 light is to much imo. Glad I held off.