Been To Long (report Added)

jon

My engine did the same a few days ago on the way to Hutchinsons but we're limited to 1200-1600 RPM  so 3.5 hours later we got home to Bribie Isl. , at least you managed to get 4000RPM and got on plane otherwise it would have been a very, very long trip home. Otherwise your trip could have been much worse but you did catch some fish so that is a positive! I take it you got out to the reef?

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Less than ideal, Sef. I'd have been excreting bricks the whole time.

Well done on getting an esky together. Looks like @Shane69 was the red king.

Yeah he fished pretty well and was an even better skipper considering the issues. I’m still not gonna hear the end of it from him coz I lost two massive reds lol. I had to remind him who got the massive nannygai last time lol 

Edited by jon

2 hours ago, Ed. said:

My engine did the same a few days ago on the way to Hutchinsons but we're limited to 1200-1600 RPM  so 3.5 hours later we got home to Bribie Isl. , at least you managed to get 4000RPM and got on plane otherwise it would have been a very, very long trip home. Otherwise your trip could have been much worse but you did catch some fish so that is a positive! I take it you got out to the reef?

Yeah mate made to broomfield but the plan was to go to innamincka. I’m glad it happened a broomfield tho would have been In a world of hurt if it was out at the shoals

5 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Wow, very interesting trip there Sef but somehow you guys managed to still catch some awesome fish, well done! Lucky you were able to help the other boat too, goes to show you never know what can happen out there. I certainly need to up my mechanical knowledge before contemplating trips like that.

Best advice kelvin is go in tandem for your first few trips

Well My mate got the report back from the mechanic turns out we initially dropped a cylinder then bent a piston rod and eventually cracked the head  The whole engine now a complete write off. He said he was very surprised we were even able to get back to the ramp. At least we didn’t have 1500 plus dollar bill from the coastguard for a tow I suppose. Positive is can’t wait for my mate to repower with a new 250 over the old 200😀

3 hours ago, aussie123 said:

Nice bag of fish Jon considering the issues you had out there.

I imagine Shane's motor had a few hours up on her now, absolute shame but a new repower will be nice, especially for those long range trips.

Yeah cheers mate, that engine has certainly been put through its paces. Should get better fuel economy with a 250 ap lean burn aswell.

On 21/07/2020 at 7:16 PM, jon said:

Cheers Hamish we’ll be eating good for quite a while! Sounds crazy to most people but I’d rather to catch more big lipper than trout as in my opinion are a far better table fish. Still can’t complain about trout tho

OK jon, that is interesting. I have never had fresh trout (had store trout and like it) so I can't imagine how go lipper would be! 

And as you said above, it will be nice on your mates' boat with the 250

Cheers Hamish