Black Marlin

Towknee

Hi,

I like my current 4.8m tinny but it isn’t the softest ride. So I’d like something of a similar size that is more comfortable in the chop. 
Fishing is mostly for the bay, passage and possibly the odd trip out the top of Moreton.

This boat is a touch smaller than I was thinking but I do like the look of it. Has anyone got any experience with Black Marlin boats? 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clontarf/motorboats-powerboats/black-marlin-fabrications-4400-tiller-w-new-suzuki-df50-w-al-trailer/1247511042

Happy for recommendations also 🙂

16 hours ago, Towknee said:

Hi,

I like my current 4.8m tinny but it isn’t the softest ride. So I’d like something of a similar size that is more comfortable in the chop. 
Fishing is mostly for the bay, passage and possibly the odd trip out the top of Moreton.

This boat is a touch smaller than I was thinking but I do like the look of it. Has anyone got any experience with Black Marlin boats? 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clontarf/motorboats-powerboats/black-marlin-fabrications-4400-tiller-w-new-suzuki-df50-w-al-trailer/1247511042

Happy for recommendations also 🙂

Not sure it’s going to give you any softer ride

I saw their ads when I was on the boat hunt but never went and checked them out. Looks a good rig, but you'd need to check them out in the flesh and ideally go for a test drive (not sure if they would?). Is your current rig a tiller steer? Are you  looking for new/near new or also considering second hand in good condition?

16 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I saw their ads when I was on the boat hunt but never went and checked them out. Looks a good rig, but you'd need to check them out in the flesh and ideally go for a test drive (not sure if they would?). Is your current rig a tiller steer? Are you  looking for new/near new or also considering second hand in good condition?

I’m leaning towards second hand, but fairly new. Mainly because they have been decked out with Sounders, electric motors etc. 

Depending on the boat & size new is an option. (Budget dependant) 

Current boat is 60hp tiller, I’m not sold on a specific configuration. I like the idea of getting a steering wheel. But I do like that with a tiller I can steer & control the throttle with one hand. Also that the boat occupants (kids specifically) are easily in my view while driving. 

I love my current boat but being an older 4.8m pressed aluminium tinny. Handling a bit of chop isn’t comfortable. I only have 3 days a fortnight that I go fishing. So looking for something a little more capable in the bay. Due to storage and towing constraints still around the 4.5 - 4.8m range. 

• 1 month later...