Suburbs Of Origin Is Back! Poll For Length Of Comp

The Mad Hughesy

SUBURBS OF ORIGIN IS BACK!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Suburbs of Origin have 3 round like previous years, or have it as one round running over a few weeks

• 3 x Shorter rounds
    • 1 Longer round lasting a few weeks

Well everyone....its back

SUBURBS OF ORIGIN is back in 2020!

Firstly id like to apologise for not running it last year, was a busy one for me!

Ive got a few new ideas for this year, but firstly, id like input from the members. Should Suburbs of Origin have 3 rounds like previous years, or have it as one round running over a few weeks. Personally id rather have it as one longer round. The comp will be mostly the same as years gone by for species, just thinking a change of comp length. Let me know what you think! ill let this poll run for about a week before releasing the comp in further detail.

17 minutes ago, Leosonfire said:

Could u explain this Como for the new members??

nah stuff the new members...haha ofcourse mate! Last comp link is below. But basically, its a free online fishing competition open to everyone that originally started to mimic the state of origin. Two teams (North and South) with the Brisbane river being the dividing border. Multiple species allowing anglers of all abilites (land, kayak or boat) to fish in the comp. The team with the majority winning categories wins the comp. No prizes, just bragging rights. 

3 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Usually I would be the south team cause I’m a nsw guy but I’m in north Queensland for a bit now so I guess I’m team north . Also is it team with biggest fish or team with most fish

Hi Breaming with bro

I'm sure christophagus will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is the largest fish. 

For example, if Team Southside got a 40cm bream, but team Northside only ends up with a couple 15cm bream, Southside would win the for the bream. 

There are lots of different species. Whichever team has the most larger species wins. (Obviously the Southsiders will win 😉). 

Cheers Hamish

Nice ok let’s hope I get some good action while I’m up at Queensland . Went fishing today for a hour around 8 o’clock in the morning fishing with 2.5 inch zman slim swim wasn’t paying enough attention and got a big bite but didn’t hook up .was fishing a river with a stream that has species like barramundi saratoga and Grunter. I pretty sure it was a barra but not sure . Very sad now as that was my only hit on a lure so far this trip the rest of the trip so far I was just using bait for carp/yellowbelly  with no hook ups and barely any bites maybe 1 little bite 

9 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Breaming with bro

I'm sure christophagus will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is the largest fish. 

For example, if Team Southside got a 40cm bream, but team Northside only ends up with a couple 15cm bream, Southside would win the for the bream. 

There are lots of different species. Whichever team has the most larger species wins. (Obviously the Southsiders will win 😉). 

Cheers Hamish

Hamdog Game on! Us northsiders will ruin your Xmas in July 🤣 

12 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Breaming with bro

Cheers Hamish

bingo, thats right. Longest fish wins against a bunch of smaller fish.

16 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Also does anyone know when it’s going to start and end? Or have we not got a official start to end date yet 

no firm date yet, depends on the poll result. What i can say, is that it will not start until the snapper clousre ends. If the poll indicates on longer round, i will probably run it for 4 weeks. gives the weekend warriors plenty of chance to fish!

might even try to organise a get together after the comp

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

well here we go... time to make plenty of enemies... @ellicat @Old Scaley @kmcrosby78

From July 2019, my colours have changed.  After being a lifetime member of the southern burbs, I now reside on the north side of the river.  As such, to follow the rules, I will be representing team northside this time.  i know several of you will be disgusted and will look to disown me etc... but whatevs. it is what it is. 

things i miss since moving

- quick and easy access to gold coast

- access to arterial roads (when not peak hour)

- my very cost effective local fruit shop

Things i don't miss

- air traffic

- hearing the trucks on the gateway all night long

- paying gateway tolls to get anywhere northside

- hearing "3 car accident on the M1 at greenslopes" on the traffic report and losing the will to live

and following on from the above, @ellicat @Old Scaley - any decky spots available during the comp?? 😘 

You know there is always a spot on my tub for you, @benno573. Of course you know what an unfortunate history I have of making accidental bait knife contact with my deckie’s line when I see a trophy fish being played. That would never happen in a comp though - especially if you were representing the enemy. 😈

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

well here we go... time to make plenty of enemies... @ellicat @Old Scaley @kmcrosby78

From July 2019, my colours have changed.  After being a lifetime member of the southern burbs, I now reside on the north side of the river.  As such, to follow the rules, I will be representing team northside this time.  i know several of you will be disgusted and will look to disown me etc... but whatevs. it is what it is. 

things i miss since moving

- quick and easy access to gold coast

- access to arterial roads (when not peak hour)

- my very cost effective local fruit shop

Things i don't miss

- air traffic

- hearing the trucks on the gateway all night long

- paying gateway tolls to get anywhere northside

- hearing "3 car accident on the M1 at greenslopes" on the traffic report and losing the will to live

and following on from the above, @ellicat @Old Scaley - any decky spots available during the comp?? 😘 

Not sure where you are on the Northside but for very cheap fruit, Veges and meat try T-bones, Robinson Road, Aspley.

As for a decky spot, I may have one from time to time.

9 hours ago, Leosonfire said:

Hamdog Game on! Us northsiders will ruin your Xmas in July 🤣 

Yeah, game on. The Southsider's will flog you fellas though, we will catch the 3 metre flatty!!!

Good luck on your whiting trip this arvo though too! 

I also think we can officially say the sledging has started. LOL. 

36 minutes ago, benno573 said:

and besides, you guys have @AUS-BNE-FISHO and @rayke1938 for the actual fishing side 

Hi benno573

I'm only good for catching bait at the moment, but that will be bigger than what the Northsiders can gather up! (My sledging needs work 😜). 

Cheers Hamish

Just now, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Yeah, game on. The Southsider's will flog you fellas though, we will catch the 3 metre flatty!!!

Good luck on your whiting trip this arvo though too! 

I also think we can officially say the sledging has started. LOL. 

Hi benno573

I'm only good for catching bait at the moment, but that will be bigger than what the Northsiders can gather up! (My sledging needs work 😜). 

Cheers Hamish

No way Hamish. You should have seen the size of my Deep Sea Toad!

On 28/07/2020 at 4:23 PM, Old Scaley said:

You know there is always a spot on my tub for you, @benno573. Of course you know what an unfortunate history I have of making accidental bait knife contact with my deckie’s line when I see a trophy fish being played. That would never happen in a comp though - especially if you were representing the enemy. 😈

@benno573 I too would be willing to take you fishing during the comp in spite of your 'EXPLETIVE' move to the wrong side of town. Only slight problem is that on that particular day (which we haven't set yet ....) I am only able to take you out to Mud Island, but unable to take you back to the ramp (it's complicated ....), but the good news is that this time of the year the mozzies and sandflies aren't too bad at Mud Island ......... and you may even get phone reception to either call for help or log on and enter any fish you catch whilst stranded ......... 😘