3 Days In The Bay

ellicat

Ive found it’s a bit like Harry’s, hit and miss some days,  I did pull a nice snapper at the start of the year off it whilst drifting with half a pilly,  the smaller tides next week would make it a little bit easier, especially if your throwing plastics around, best of luck either way, and I’m looking forward to solid report

10 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

Collectors item

Yep. My other collectors item shirt finally got a big tear so I went to my last remaining one (and least favourite) which has no pockets. Not a fan of tournament style shirts but the cost of a decent quick dry button-up shirt with pockets is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

My Northern Bay experience is that I once fished Curtain for an hour with @benno573  about 10 years ago for no luck, so this will be a bit of an explore and (hopefully) conquer mission for me.

Doesn't sound like you have much luck fishing with that @benno573 character then. Hopefully your mystery decky tomorrow is that dentist bloke you always have success with ....... 🙂

15 hours ago, ellicat said:

We're heading for a foray into the Northern Bay tomorrow.

Good luck if you get out. It's looking like a superb boating day.

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

Cheers.

Yes, we will be fishing it 1 hour either side of the high. Bait and plastics tomorrow.

Hey ellicat

I'd assume you're out right now so I'm hoping you've got some real good ones. 

Good luck

Cheers Hamish

11 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Had a great day out today with @GregOug, @Old Scaley and 'The Dentist'. It was a long day but worth the effort. Report to come tomorrow as I am stuffed and not in the best mood after the trailer came off the towball on the footpath outside my home - suspect sabotage. 🤬

Hey ellicat

Great you had a good one with some mates 🙂 I can't wait until I'm retired and can fish on school days.

Understandable about the report too. Bloody annoying about the trailer towbar 😕 

Cheers Hamish

Hi ellicat

That is a great session with some great fish almost landed. Looks like you'll need to come back next time with a locked drag and a seriously heavy outfit! 

While the esky wasn't full of kingy like it should've been, I would still be happy just seeing/fighting one. You will have to go out next time and smash them. Good job. Oh, and I hope the scum bag who fiddled with your trailer gets karma

Cheers Hamish 😃 😄

If your trailer uncoupled off the hitch and hit the deck, just move the D shackle up a few links, or if your handy with a welder and some cold gal, weld another chain on the other side so they cross over on the tow bar creating a cradle, should it ever happen again, providing your tow bar has 2 attach points.

Other then the trailer incident it still sounded like an excellent day on the bay, the kingies would have been a blast!

Thanks @ellicat and @Old Scaley for doing the trip reports. I totally agree that it was a terrific day. The company was great and just being on the water in weather like that was a joy. @Old Scaley and I dropped a line at shark spit  at one point and the water was flat as a millpond. Great to meet your dentist Brian. He was very helpful with launching and retrieving.

Sorry to hear about your tow ball misfortunes though Brian. Not sure what I am checking for with mine though. I understood you to say that the trailer came off the towball. My trailer is in the garage now and not attached to the vehicle so is there anything to check?

cheers

Greg

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Thanks @ellicat and @Old Scaley for doing the trip reports. I totally agree that it was a terrific day. The company was great and just being on the water in weather like that was a joy. @Old Scaley and I dropped a line at shark spit  at one point and the water was flat as a millpond. Great to meet your dentist Brian. He was very helpful with launching and retrieving.

Sorry to hear about your tow ball misfortunes though Brian. Not sure what I am checking for with mine though. I understood you to say that the trailer came off the towball. My trailer is in the garage now and not attached to the vehicle so is there anything to check?

cheers

Greg

What I was thinking, Greg, was that if there was a serial pest at the ramp unlocking the towball clips, maybe they had tampered with yours as well. You would have noticed that for sure when you unhitched the trailer from the car. Seems like they only have a grudge against Brian.

Okay. Tha

2 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

What I was thinking, Greg, was that if there was a serial pest at the ramp unlocking the towball clips, maybe they had tampered with yours as well. You would have noticed that for sure when you unhitched the trailer from the car. Seems like they only have a grudge against Brian.

Oh. Okay. Thanks @Old Scaley. Mine was definitely connected properly because we always have a bit of a struggle getting it to unhitch and this time was no different. 

8 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Sound Like Good Times at Curtain gents,  Well Done, Love the fish tank size Red Emperor too, they are such a good looking fish  and fight hard for  there size,  

The kingies @ Curtains are really switched on they know when a bait or livie has a hook in it the buggers, ,  been there in years past watching guys with 80lb jigging gear getting blown away by them ,  Some how they know how to use the current & structure to there advantage,  I might have to go have a play considering the snapper ban is keeping me off the water 

I haven’t heard of anyone catching a legal Red Emperor in Moreton Bay. Maybe someone has. But the fact that juveniles are present would tend to indicate that there must be mature fish there at breeding time at least. Does that make sense?

Just now, Old Scaley said:

I haven’t heard of anyone catching a legal Red Emperor in Moreton Bay. Maybe someone has. But the fact that juveniles are present would tend to indicate that there must be mature fish there at breeding time at least. Does that make sense?

Yes Old Scaley, I'd have to agree with that. Hopefully you guys crack the Moreton Bay red emperor code come Suburbs of Origin, so you can give tugger a run for his money! 😉 

Weather is not looking good right now though, I think you guys got the last of the good weather. I'm a bit annoyed because everything will be flushed down my part of the river with rain but it's good to make everything green! 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Sound Like Good Times at Curtain gents,  Well Done, Love the fish tank size Red Emperor too, they are such a good looking fish  and fight hard for  there size,  

The kingies @ Curtains are really switched on they know when a bait or livie has a hook in it the buggers, ,  been there in years past watching guys with 80lb jigging gear getting blown away by them ,  Some how they know how to use the current & structure to there advantage,  I might have to go have a play considering the snapper ban is keeping me off the water 

Save it for origin mate. 😆🏆 go u northsiders!