3 Days In The Bay

ellicat

1 minute ago, GregOug said:

Have you checked your yard to see if it’s still there?

Only saw it quickly as it turned at the lights but was white runabout, I think Quintrex but not certain, and black Mercury motor (yours is Mercury isn't it?). Didn't notice the car towing it though. Anyway, all good (as long as yours is still in your yard ..... 🙂).

On 07/08/2020 at 4:28 PM, Andrew_P said:

More likely the larvae have travelled down the coast in the EAC and been funnelled into the bay. The bay is shallow and full of food so they grow like stink, fatten up and migrate north. Do get a lot of juveniles at the shallow reefs off the top of Moreton and sunny coast. Cool fish

I’ve caught them up to about 40 in the bay. I did get one at 52cm just off caloundra one day. Certainly agree with the theory the big fellas move out and then up, just use the bay as a bit of a nursery area. Stunning looking fish though.

On 07/08/2020 at 3:51 PM, Old Scaley said:

I haven’t heard of anyone catching a legal Red Emperor in Moreton Bay. Maybe someone has. But the fact that juveniles are present would tend to indicate that there must be mature fish there at breeding time at least. Does that make sense?

I got one years ago. My friends that live at Cowan catch them but not very often.