Suburbs Of Origin 2020 - Competition Rules And Details

The Mad Hughesy

51 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

Got a few small tailor today, probs legal but didn't bother. Finally got a decent one and put my bag down to organise photo etc and Mr Tailor goes flappy flappy shake hook and water slide down rock weeeeeee goodbye Mr Tailor. Sorry Southside, it appears I am incompetent so far 

And so it begins

3 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Got a few small tailor today, probs legal but didn't bother. Finally got a decent one and put my bag down to organise photo etc and Mr Tailor goes flappy flappy shake hook and water slide down rock weeeeeee goodbye Mr Tailor. Sorry Southside, it appears I am incompetent so far 

I have faith in you mate. 

18 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

BOOOM nice Snapper @Allnighter

So does that make it 4/0 so far? Nice start, long way to go. None of the fish submitted are particularly unbeatable... especially the trevally haha. 

Yeah, good job Allnighter.

It appears to be just legal. Hopefully we can take the lead with that one Southside!

Cheers Hamish

1 hour ago, Breaming with bro said:

What I mean by this where I am there’s only baby sooty Grunter in small puddles and also roach I’m waiting to get to the coast . So I can get a other massive queenie and submit for trevally entry 

Well, where I am there’s only Deep Sea Toads and baby trevally so don’t feel too hard done by.

2 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@christophagus - in the past have we (meaning you 🙂) made it that all fish must be at least the minimum legal length to be submitted? Had a feeling we did so that there weren't photos of undersized fish. From memory it then led to the discussion of whether you could enter an oversized flathead (ie. over 75cm) but we deemed that to be OK. Just thought I'd mention it - thus far it would only rule Robbie's mackerel ineligible, and I'll back him to catch a bigger one 🙂 

Good to see the banter going strong in the lead-up and during the event and I have no doubt it will continue long after it finishes (yes, that's a warning @GregOug - you'll be hearing about our win until this time next year ....... 🙂). 

Yep happy to have my Mack disqualified if that is what should happen. I reckon if I got the photo better it did measure 50 but it is a dodgy photo so no complaints at all. ( can you see my glasses in the shot not on my head haha) 

10 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@christophagus - in the past have we (meaning you 🙂) made it that all fish must be at least the minimum legal length to be submitted? Had a feeling we did so that there weren't photos of undersized fish. From memory it then led to the discussion of whether you could enter an oversized flathead (ie. over 75cm) but we deemed that to be OK. Just thought I'd mention it - thus far it would only rule Robbie's mackerel ineligible, and I'll back him to catch a bigger one 🙂 

Good to see the banter going strong in the lead-up and during the event and I have no doubt it will continue long after it finishes (yes, that's a warning @GregOug - you'll be hearing about our win until this time next year ....... 🙂). 

Confucius once said ‘They who count their chickens before they are hatched may not necessarily get the biggest complying fish during the AFO Suburbs of Origin competition’. Or something to that effect.

Although, I must admit, he couldn’t speak English, so couldn’t have been that bright really. I mean, I know some absolute morons that can speak English. 

34 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Interesting way to 'gel' your team there @GregOug ......... particularly given one of them is running the comp ........ 😝

Sorry KM. You misunderstood me. I was obviously not referring to my esteemed Northside teammates when casting aspersions on certain people’s mental abilities.

10 hours ago, GregOug said:

Does Northside actually have to submit a fish to win? Didn’t see that anywhere in the comp rules.

It seems as though you have no confidence in yourself to actually catch a fish. And with my 🔮 (that's a crystal ball so I can see into the future), you're not getting any! Lol. 

26 minutes ago, Leosonfire said:

Eye balls hanging out my head this morning! Did a night session in the yak off Scott point from 9-1am. Conditions were perfect, no wind little current and little fish 😩 I did land a nice squid who seemed to take a fancy for my whole pillie, he must have grabbed it as I was retrieving.  I quickly ripped his head off and sent it plummeting to the bottom For no results! Anyway had fun But didn’t get to bed until 230 and found two kids in their as well 😴 cobwebs shaken next session results. #alwaysnorthside

Big effort mate with no result. Sorry to hear it. How does Scott point normally fish?

A few OzFish members are about to start an OzFish chapter up your way. Not sure of the name yet perhaps Redcliff, Woody point or similar, I will obviously be leaving all that to the members up there. 

They are hoping to restore sea grass beds and oyster reefs starting at Woody point and it should greatly improve the fishing.

Is that something you would be interested in being part of? Members can do as much or as little as they like. It costs $25 to join and you get more than that back in merch and a BCF voucher. 

10 hours ago, GregOug said:

Well, as far as I’m concerned your ‘mack’ is disqualified so far because on my screen it’s just a blank picture. Nothing there whatsoever. Perhaps only the Southsiders older computers can decipher the photo, probably taken on a Kodak Instamatic. 

By the way, I just posted a picture of my Mack picture from today. At 3.5m it dwarfs yours. Sorry if your ancient abacuses can’t display it.

I have heard of these new fangled Kodak Instamatics. They sound very good, cutting edge. 

Personally I still only use my Box Brownie. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Big effort mate with no result. Sorry to hear it. How does Scott point normally fish?

A few OzFish members are about to start an OzFish chapter up your way. Not sure of the name yet perhaps Redcliff, Woody point or similar, I will obviously be leaving all that to the members up there. 

They are hoping to restore sea grass beds and oyster reefs starting at Woody point and it should greatly improve the fishing.

Is that something you would be interested in being part of? Members can do as much or as little as they like. It costs $25 to join and you get more than that back in merch and a BCF voucher. 

Hi mate

yeh I’d be interested.

Apparently Scott's is meant to fish well, just not for me 😆 oh well try again