Some People !!!!!!!

Cobiaaddict

Found this in the courier mail, 3 fisherman caught with approx. 52 snapper with a catch weight of 61kg.  fish caught from either Moreton Bay or Offshore Moreton/Straddie.  

https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/fishing-trip-costs-trio-15000-after-huge-snapper-catch/news-story/ee781d2612e929cbf178b206bda2568c

42 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Found this in the courier mail, 3 fisherman caught with approx. 52 snapper with a catch weight of 61kg.  fish caught from either Moreton Bay or Offshore Moreton/Straddie.  

https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecr

The thing is this closure is to benefit us making it a sustainable hobby it's only 1 month out of the year. Some people are just dumb and some people are the victims of brother sister relationships and just think their special and the no take law doesn't apply for them.

3 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

The thing is this closure is to benefit us making it a sustainable hobby it's only 1 month out of the year. Some people are just dumb and some people are the victims of brother sister relationships and just think their special and the no take law doesn't apply for them.

Definitely agree @Sneaky1,  At the end of the day it ruins it for those who play by the rules, because the next fisheries review may very well be a lot larger in "no take" than this year.

Really hope they are dealt with sternly,.  

Hey Cobiaaddict

As well as the fact that many fish shouldn't be taken from the ocean by rec fishos (unless baitfish i.e. herring) it is an atrocious break of the laws. They should loose all fishing gear, cop a massive fine, and have there car, boat, and licenses taken away.

I hope this raises awareness for all closures, size, and bag limits. While ignorance is no excuse, I'd assume it is the reason a lot of people take illegal captures home (this is no ignorance though, just simply illegal activity). 

Cheers Hamish

P.S. I reckon his boat would make an OK small artificial reef. Perhaps where he took all of the snaps so it gives them a good place to re spawn! 

15 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Very sad I regularly see people near my local area back in nsw use cast nets and haul in mullet bream and tailor and what else gets caught in the net and then on top of that keep way to many fish very sad to see

Hi Breaming with bro

That is something you can hopefully help - call DPI (or NSW fishery hotline) as much as possible as soon as possible when you see this happen. 

Maybe give them a word too. They may not know.... (I'd doubt it though).

Cheers Hamish