All Clear

Dinodadog

11 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

Went to the doc last monday with a sinus problem, bleeding from the nose, had it a hundred times. Result you better have a covid test, next result you are in lockdown until you get more results. Next result a phonecall 5pm friday, all clear. I blxxdy knew that,OH well it gave my sore back a chance for a rest.Now planning next fishing trip, you ripper.😜

Damn COVID! Fish your little heart out

Same happened to me, caught a cold, rang the doc to see if I needed antibiotics in case I get a secondary infection due to my heart valve requirements, (yes, I know Anti-biotics don't work on viruses) but need antibiotics to even just see a dentist, anyway told that legally they can't see me as anyone with any  respiratory symptoms has to be seen in one of these superclinics.  So rock up  to the nearest one with my wife, and they want me to get tested for Covid-19 even though I don't have all the symptoms, so I say sure, and now I need to go into isolation till I get the result. Well isolation for me is just a pretty normal day for me so no dramas, thing is, they didn't test my wife at all, so go figure, if the virus is as infectious as it is supposed to be then they should have tested her as well.

Maybe they were thinking that if mine was positive then they would test her afterwards, still a dumb idea not to test her and put her in isolation as well.  Anyway got a text message next morning saying that I was negative, well that is no surprise!  As I said I have a cold. But they seem to want to treat every case as  a Covid-19 infection. Waste of time and resources  in my opinion, all the other hundreds of bugs and viruses  haven't magically disappeared  just because Covid-19 made an appearance. That is what triage is for. If i don't have the all symptoms then why test. Considering there are no active cases in Queensland I would have a higher chance of winning lotto then this virus!

Anyway still have my cold and now the missus has it as well. Rant over! 😡

On 09/08/2020 at 8:53 AM, Ed. said:

Same happened to me, caught a cold, rang the doc to see if I needed antibiotics in case I get a secondary infection due to my heart valve requirements, (yes, I know Anti-biotics don't work on viruses) but need antibiotics to even just see a dentist, anyway told that legally they can't see me as anyone with any  respiratory symptoms has to be seen in one of these superclinics.  So rock up  to the nearest one with my wife, and they want me to get tested for Covid-19 even though I don't have all the symptoms, so I say sure, and now I need to go into isolation till I get the result. Well isolation for me is just a pretty normal day for me so no dramas, thing is, they didn't test my wife at all, so go figure, if the virus is as infectious as it is supposed to be then they should have tested her as well.

Maybe they were thinking that if mine was positive then they would test her afterwards, still a dumb idea not to test her and put her in isolation as well.  Anyway got a text message next morning saying that I was negative, well that is no surprise!  As I said I have a cold. But they seem to want to treat every case as  a Covid-19 infection. Waste of time and resources  in my opinion, all the other hundreds of bugs and viruses  haven't magically disappeared  just because Covid-19 made an appearance. That is what triage is for. If i don't have the all symptoms then why test. Considering there are no active cases in Queensland I would have a higher chance of winning lotto then this virus!

Anyway still have my cold and now the missus has it as well. Rant over! 😡

Is the test a swab in the mouth or one of those things they stick right up in your sinus that makes you not able to see for a while?

9 hours ago, Ed. said:

The Covid-19 test is a swab up the nose and when they did mine it sort of tickled so no biggie, when my wife got hers done it hurt a little bit, so I guess it just depends on the person and their experience with giving you the test.

ok nice. I had one ages ago for hooping cough and it was terrible.