Cooktown Jettie Session And Unknown Underwater Beast

Brodie_S

Yes it was indeed good practice for the suburbs of origin unfortunately I didn’t catch any of the species from list though but If I was I’m would have probably been fishing with plastics to get trevally or flathead . I wonder if queenfish count as a species of trevally hmm don’t know . And yea next time I go there I will bring my 2-5kg daiwa rod but with the same 1000 Stradic with 6lb braid and now that I know I should be using atleast 10lb leader 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2020 at 8:08 AM, Breaming with bro said:

Yes it was indeed good practice for the suburbs of origin unfortunately I didn’t catch any of the species from list though but If I was I’m would have probably been fishing with plastics to get trevally or flathead . I wonder if queenfish count as a species of trevally hmm don’t know . And yea next time I go there I will bring my 2-5kg daiwa rod but with the same 1000 Stradic with 6lb braid and now that I know I should be using atleast 10lb leader 

As a Southsider I am sure that a queenfish is not a trevally haha. 

But seriously i would love to see you up your gear. Can you get a 30lb setup? 

There are cod up there that not much will stop. If you are hooking things like Barra and Jack your 6lb might not be up to it around jetties and rocks.