Wanted Firewood For The Scout Den

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hey all

I've just noticed my Scout Den is VERY low on good firewood. Normally I would just collect as much as possible, but one of the other leaders brought in his scrap ply and it burns really well. I was just wondering if anyone had any free scrap wood, basically anything that burns (without toxic smoke, i.e. treated pine) that they would want to give away, or know someone who does. 

(I probably didn't help it... I made a BIG bonfire last week with my mate 😉).

Cheers Hamish

18 hours ago, ellicat said:

I'll try to remember to see if I have any left over after my camping trip.

Thanks ellicat, don't bother bringing it back if it's too much of a hassle. I can always find my own! 🙂 

2 hours ago, jon said:

Just type In fire wood on gumtree under all adds and then refine your search and change price type to free, I did it then for you and got over 20 results for Brisbane area. Hopefully one of them is close and handy to your scout hall/ club.

Great idea jon, thanks for that. I'll go and check it now! 

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, Jaz44 said:

Maybe ask your sponsors. They may give you some cash or possibly some old packing wood and offcuts.

Hey Jaz44

I don't have sponsors (I wish), and as far as for the Scout Den... The Pamphlet Sea Scout group gets all the council funds (we call 'em the PampyPoos), so we don't really have any... 😞 

Cheers Hamish