Cairns Beaches - The Salmon Are Back

tiotony

Awesome session Tony. Is that the place you told me about? I made the mistake surveying that particular spot when the swell was up and it was 20 knots. I sort of wrote it off due to the horrible weather. I fished the Barron mouth yesterday with little luck. I filleted one of the mullet I caught and had it hammered soon after casting out. Unfortunately the circle hook couldn’t find its mark and the fish stripped the bait off. A few livies went MIA after a some light taps as well. I will have to try that spot if I am not fishing the headlands. The flat weather will create an excellent session off the rocks hopefully. 

On 16/08/2020 at 3:10 PM, Jaz44 said:

Awesome session Tony. Is that the place you told me about? I made the mistake surveying that particular spot when the swell was up and it was 20 knots. I sort of wrote it off due to the horrible weather. I fished the Barron mouth yesterday with little luck. I filleted one of the mullet I caught and had it hammered soon after casting out. Unfortunately the circle hook couldn’t find its mark and the fish stripped the bait off. A few livies went MIA after a some light taps as well. I will have to try that spot if I am not fishing the headlands. The flat weather will create an excellent session off the rocks hopefully. 

Yeah mate thats southern end of Holloways. SE winds are back now so will be only sharks again.