Huge Snapper To Start The Northside Boys

Allnighter

4 minutes ago, Clinton said:

My wife and I went fishing off seaforth qld Australia between two close islands on the weekend.  We caught for large cat fish, Smallest was 1.05 metres and the largest was 1.15 metres.  Fought like a stingray but we managed to land them on 30 pound line and a light rod.  Mouth was large enough to swallow a grape fruit.

Hey Clinton

WOW - that is a huge catfish. I have heard they get big when they're around the islands. Apparently due to the cleaner water they taste btter too.

Do you have any pics?

Cheers Hamish

Thanks @Clinton. Seaforth is a top spot for fishing. I have in-laws that used to live at The Leap and many years ago we went out in a small tinny from the creek ramp a couple of times. Two days in a row I caught huge golden trevally and good sized mackerel just bottom bashing with chunks of squid and pilchards less than 100 metres from the shore. If we had known what we were doing then we could have has some amazing sessions.

2 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

This banter seems to be getting interesting,

I just booked a bit of time off during those comp dates,  hopefully put a few good fish in the boat and bring some respect back for the Northside crew.

Good luck Gents

Sorry Josh but I suggest you read the fineprint again, you are only allowed to fish your 'usual' days and not allowed to arrange to fish more often than you normally do ......... 😝.

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Thanks @Clinton. Seaforth is a top spot for fishing. I have in-laws that used to live at The Leap and many years ago we went out in a small tinny from the creek ramp a couple of times. Two days in a row I caught huge golden trevally and good sized mackerel just bottom bashing with chunks of squid and pilchards less than 100 metres from the shore. If we had known what we were doing then we could have has some amazing sessions.

Was that Victor Creek Steve? If so, I caught my first ever mangrove jack (56cm .... 🙂) there on the opposite bank to the boat ramp. Thought it was a stingray that had 'stuck' to the bottom before realising it was a proper fish that presumably had manage to tangle itself around a stick for a little bit. 

16 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

If only you knew what you were doing now! Lol

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Absolutely mate. I'd love to have you as a decky. I'm just a bit busy until about 8pm on the 20th of September (give or take a few seconds). But anytime after that you are on! 

Thanks @Drop Bear. However, don’t forget that unless you’re planning on fishing freshwater only, you’re going to need to pull the boat out at some stage during the comp to flush the engine.

• 3 weeks later...