Suburbs Of Origin 2020 Leaderboard

The Mad Hughesy

7 hours ago, GregOug said:

Well done Hamish! Congratulations!

Thanks GregOug, hopefully I can manage another Brisbane River flatty to upgrade the size a bit soon! 🙂 

6 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Good reward for effort @AUS-BNE-FISHO. Great to see you on the leaderboard. And now for that threadie Hamish.....

Thanks Old Scaley, and yep, I'm happy now my name is going on the board 🙂 

The salmon should be coming up... should! 😉 

Cheers Hamish

23 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

I’ve just looked at the leaderboard and realised team north have zero points not a single PB for team north . Team south watch out . it’s time to flip the script for team north the flipping of the script starts tomorrow 

Good one mate. Bring it on!!! 

22 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey samsteele115

Good trev. Looks like it'd make some yummy meals!

Cheers Hamish

Delicious firm white sashimi 🤤 a 20kg+ hit my popper first but the little guy got the second go at it unfortunately for him 

Edited by samsteele115

32 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

That's a shame, samsteele115.

The only GT I've ever had is freshly fried. The biggest I have eaten is about 45cm.

If I catch one a bit bigger next time, it'll be coming home!

Cheers Hamish

That's a perfect size. I've had one at 70cm and it was watery and not as nice

7 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Didn’t get anything trolling when we stopped I fished with bread for a bit and got this beast  took 25 minutes to land Unfortunately this is another one for the bs cataory I’ve been snapped 2 times now I’ve just changed my leader from 6 to 20lb 10 minutes ago I’m writing this while fishing wish me luck 

0C9EB38D-1870-4529-A403-D8F51D142CC4.jpeg

Good luck! 

Nice Batfish, Breaming with bro.

That isn't a short finned batfish, but if you do get a short finned one (black and white stripes), eat it! They're quite good.

Otherwise, I think other batfish aren't the best eating, but tip top fighting.

Cheers Hamish

P.S. My wifi is crap at the moment so I am having constant connection issues.

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Update I had my final cast after nothing was touching my bait . Besides the first fish that snapped me off .Bread with a running sinker to a bead then to a hook as I was packing up my tackle and leader  scatted all over the deck I heard my drag go a bit i had the drag on a very lose setting almost like a bait runner that way when i hear it I can pick up my rod and tighten the drag. Anyway I start reeling and feel barely anything at first I thought it spat the bait as I’m reeling I realised weight starts coming on anyway after a few decent runs and lifting I managed to land a grassy sweet lip I looked up the rules measured it . It was legal size 34cm and chubby Brain spiked it and bleed it out and now it’s sitting in the Eski in saltwater . Not bad unfortunately I didn’t get any photos as i was still busy packing up stuff but I will get some photos Tomorrow of fish I caught . Unfortunately sweetlip aren’t on the speices list

Well done Bro! Good to see a northsider catching a fish. Doesn’t matter that it’s not on the species list. At least you gave it a bloody good try.

10 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Update I had my final cast after nothing was touching my bait . Besides the first fish that snapped me off .Bread with a running sinker to a bead then to a hook as I was packing up my tackle and leader  scatted all over the deck I heard my drag go a bit i had the drag on a very lose setting almost like a bait runner that way when i hear it I can pick up my rod and tighten the drag. Anyway I start reeling and feel barely anything at first I thought it spat the bait as I’m reeling I realised weight starts coming on anyway after a few decent runs and lifting I managed to land a grassy sweet lip I looked up the rules measured it . It was legal size 34cm and chubby Brain spiked it and bleed it out and now it’s sitting in the Eski in saltwater . Not bad unfortunately I didn’t get any photos as i was still busy packing up stuff but I will get some photos Tomorrow of fish I caught . Unfortunately sweetlip aren’t on the speices list

Nice one mate. That's a great fish. Enjoy!

14 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Hey Breaming with bro.

That's pretty cool, especially since you got the fish on bread. I've never thought reefies would eat anything like that... But I guess they do!

Bread seems to go quite good for you (all I've caught on it are bream and catties), but maybe trying more baits will get more different fish?

Good job,

Cheers Hamish