ellicat

24 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

@Drop Bear, let’s make it a Southside armada. Brian and I were talking about heading there anyway on Friday and seeing if you were interested in going. Mackerel upgrade for sure.😃

Awesome. Just FYI I don't have room on my boat. I will be leaving Manly Harbour northern ramp at 5am. 

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

How did you go? We caught about 20 unders, 2 squid, one cuttlefish and one Bonito

Really quiet mate. First float of a pillie I caught a tailor that was a mm under legal, then nothing over at the channel. There were lots of boats around but we didn’t see any bent rods. Did a bit of bottom bashing while we waited for the macs to turn up and we were constantly picketed (thanks again Hamish) by tiny stuff. Brian boated 2 whiptails to keep him safe from the donut. On the plus side it was a glorious day on the water and we were visited by dolphins, turtles and a large dugong.

We fished Mud and Green on the way home but couldn’t raise a scale. That’s fishing.

Edited by Old Scaley

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Really quiet mate. First float of a pillie I caught a tailor that was a mm under legal, then nothing over at the channel. There were lots of boats around but we didn’t see any bent rods. Did a bit of bottom bashing while we waited for the macs to turn up and we were constantly picketed (thanks again Hamish) by tiny stuff. Brian boated 2 stripies to keep him safe from the donut. On the plus side it was a glorious day on the water and we were visited by dolphins, turtles and a large dugong.

We fished Mud and Green on the way home but couldn’t raise a scale. That’s fishing.

Shame it wasn't a bit more fishy. Was good to see you out on the water. 

I am fishing tomorrow... We caught a stack of just undersized Macs and its fun for Willy to catch these so will probably just do this again. Reports are that the bigger ones are there you just need to wade through the littlens. 

52 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Old Scaley

Ah, that's a pity. I had a quiet one today too - one perch which didn't even fight and just some prawns for bait. Not even any OK bites or runs! (I came home early to study for a Japanese exam).

At least you got the tailor and ellicat got the stripeys 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Sorry to hear mate. I am looking forward to seeing your name beside the threadfin salmon on the leader board. 

Headed down for another go at the whiting and flatties today.

Didn't boat one whiting all day. Got a couple of flatties on the troll, but they needed to grow a bit more before they could be dinner.

Picked up quite a few bream. Benno boating this one hoping to get on the leader board,  (29)

20200830_124121.thumb.jpg.b406ccbb945563066231712802affdb7.jpg

but just after he'd measured it I brought this one in. (31)

20200830_125720.jpg

Otherwise it was a very quiet day. Benno even got a butter bream. haha (I got two but not saying so)

Nice one mate. 

I sat through a lecture on Saddle Back for bream when I was down at the rec fish conference in Hobart late last year. 

The guy was sure it was from juveniles getting netted and being damaged. 

All the scientist in the room rolled their eyes at him as it was poorly collected data and ignored that Saddle Back ocures in impoundment and tank fish where no netting could have occurred. 

Its a mystery.