Taylors Beach

Davo00

That's a nice brace of fish you have there. Would have been fun.

I have no idea on Taylor's Beach, but here's some reports where it is mentioned.

Maybe @wesfish or @tugger could chime in to help out.

Good luck and please let us know how you go for the next person that asks.

Cheers

Hey Davo00

I've never been there, but it looks like it'll be a fun spot to visit on your trip. Here are some website links I've found (you may have already seen them though) - 

https://taylorsbeach.net/gallery/fishing-at-taylors-beach/

Just realised those are offshore (or reefs), sorry. Hopefully you have a great time. Seems you can get grunter, barra, and a couple other things in the creeks though. Hope to hear how you go! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Nice work on the cobia and mackerel mate and good luck at Taylor's Beach. Never been up that way but looking at the map, looks like a nice part of the state to go fishing. Whenever I read about Cape York (obviously you'll be a fair bit south of there) they mention the trade winds blowing strongly on the east coast at this time of year but hopefully you're far enough south to avoid them and those islands may also offer some protection. Worst case I'm sure that big estuary is very fishy!!