Might Be Going Out On Monday To Mud Island Area

Ed.

If I can talk the missus into it, we will hopefully be heading south around 8ish  from Bribie Island  to the Mud Island area on Monday. Seems that the weather may be playing ball again and coincides with the first day of holidays for the missus. I want to take the boat for a trial spin as we will be heading up to Agnes Waters the following week, so just want to make sure that there are no more gremlins lurking in my boat before heading North.

Are there any areas around there that are worth fishing for for snapper, macks, tuna etc. I have never fished that area before so don't know what to expect.

Anyone else going there on Monday?

You can check out the two Measured Mile beacons on your way to Mud and have a quick flick with metal slugs (30-40g) for mackerel but I'd only bother if there is bait showing on the sounder. Also on your way keep an eye out for tuna/birds working. Most popular area seems to be the eastern side of Mud for snapper and it shouldn't be a carpark on Monday's, so get there and sound around til you find some bait and suitable bottom structure.  Good luck!!  Oh and have a floating pilchard for gangs out the back -- good way to pick up a snapper, mackerel or tailor 🙂 

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

You can check out the two Measured Mile beacons on your way to Mud and have a quick flick with metal slugs (30-40g) for mackerel but I'd only bother if there is bait showing on the sounder. Also on your way keep an eye out for tuna/birds working. Most popular area seems to be the eastern side of Mud for snapper and it shouldn't be a carpark on Monday's, so get there and sound around til you find some bait and suitable bottom structure.  Good luck!!  Oh and have a floating pilchard for gangs out the back -- good way to pick up a snapper, mackerel or tailor 🙂 

And only catch the absolute biggest of each species Ed. Then post them on the comp page for Northside.

cheers

Greg

Hey mate, unlikely to find any decent numbers of tuna in the bay this time of year. Always worth a look at the beacons. I'd be stopping at the M3 and M4 and M8 beacons on the way to mud from Bribie and any others you fancy as a detour. 

I used to like drifting around mud throwing plastics in about 5m of water targeting snapper but often picking up tasty by catch