History Of Stradics Early Dayz To Now

Brodie_S

History of stradics . Shimano stradic FJ was released in 2011 and gained popularity im not %100 sure if this was the very first Stradic but first known from my research . Today the Stradic FJ can be found second hand on eBay and a few people today are still using buying and selling them . These days the shimano ultergra is basically the same reel if you were looking for a brand new FJ the ultergra would be almost the same if not better . Shimano stradic ci4+ FA . This Reel gained a lot more popularity then the FJ almost everyone who owned one swore by it .it was different to any reel in the price range it was probably the lightest spinning reel in the world at the time and made the stradics one of the most popular reels in Australia . Shimano stradic FK . This reel was very popular with a lot of land based fishos. people mainly used it for light tackle lure fishing and bait fishing due to shimanos new hagane gear the Stradics now became a lot stronger and longer lasting . Shimano stradic Ci4+ FB . This reel looked a lot more modern and shiny and was now again one of the most popular reels it was now lighter tougher and more popular a lot more people swore by them . Shimano stradic fl . When this stradic came out a lot of people were excited including myself the new Stradic fl is now lighter and so much more tougher and more water resistant and smashed the previous FK and FB ci4+ and now featured a screw in handle with no hinges and MicroModule II and silent drive and X protect and because of those upgrades a lot people have said this is now comparable to the Stella due to upgrade . Shimano stradic Vanford . This reel will be out in week or so you can buy it now but is still expensive so best to wait a couple of weeks till the price goes down to around $290-300 for smaller reels atm it’s $340-60 a lot of people are exited about this reel to . It features a lighter MGL rotor the reel is a lot lighter then the FL And  features a Extra bearing 7+1. Not a Hugh difference but $20-30 for a lighter reel and smoother reel if that’s what your after. So that’s the evolution of stradics in the past 10 years a massive difference between them all . The stradics have come a long way since 2011

AF788146-2DEB-428B-B039-F4F2C268F8A5.jpeg

69076283-9450-48B0-88C2-DAF05AE1DE26.jpeg

961540D0-D9D4-49C5-90C1-244FE0656F88.jpeg

36395824-8968-4143-BEBC-8FF5D60F10D5.jpeg

25FE96A7-5D00-47E3-928C-75B0891EB66B.jpeg

5D0DA8A7-B3D9-4C45-BDC4-46506A570CA9.jpeg

Hey BwB,

There are 4 models before the FJ.

The FE, FG, FH and the FI.... there's a theme in the Shimano naming conventions 😄

The FH's are almost collectors items these days. Absolute workhorse and hard to find.

I've still got a FH1000 and a FI 2500 (well, actually gave that to my brother but I keep wanting to take it back). Never got into the earlier ones so can't comment on those puppies.

• 4 months later...
On 08/09/2020 at 12:50 PM, Do$tylz said:

Hey BwB,

There are 4 models before the FJ.

The FE, FG, FH and the FI.... there's a theme in the Shimano naming conventions 😄

The FH's are almost collectors items these days. Absolute workhorse and hard to find.

I've still got a FH1000 and a FI 2500 (well, actually gave that to my brother but I keep wanting to take it back). Never got into the earlier ones so can't comment on those puppies.

Yeah must of missed that thanks for the info I’ll check them out 

• 2 years later...

I still use a few Stradic FH models from the late 90's....still going strong and have had a very hard life. One 1000FH  is on its 3rd set of carbon fibre washers after multiple threadfin salmon seasons. Another one has been ill treated with jacks and jew. Nothing like testing their worth at times....