Brisbane River Session #48

AUS-BNE-FISHO

12 hours ago, ellicat said:

Nice one. Congratulations on the flatty.

Sounds like you've got a few spots to work out now.

Hey ellicat

Thanks for that, the flatty certainly made the session a bit more worthwhile.

There are a couple spots a bit more upstream I know of that I still need to try a bit more that will hopefully produce. 🙂 I reckon I may manage a good cod or bream in that creek too.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Noice flatty 

Thanks Breaming with bro

21 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Well done, Hamish. Good to see that there are good fish to be found a long way up the river.

Hey Old Scaley

Thanks for that, and yep, it is quite amazing to see fish like flatties find there way this far up the river... And I know it's not a fluke because that's the third one in the 50-60cm range I've caught! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Yes!! So glad I handed  them over to someone who can catch a fish in them, they weren't catching much in my wardrobe 😎

Very successful colour that, and if you get adventurous the 3.5 inch curl tails and 3 or 4 inch paddle tails I've had even more success on. I think sometimes larger flatties might get lazy with the smaller offerings, but every now and again you might drag a grub over its nose and you're on. 

Great flatty!!

Hey Sam

Thanks for that, haha, I'd imagine the only thing they could catch in your wardrobe would be the odd shirt-fish 😉 

I may have to try the bigger ones eventually too. I was actually trying to get a bream (but didn't use the light leader in case I hoked up to something bigger), so now I figure that the flatties will often hang right near next to the bank, as well as the bream 

I already am wanting some new plastics, Lol. I think you've gotten me addicted! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

20 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great report and congrats on the flattie Hamish - looks like you've got some fun spots to continue to experiment with.

Hey kmcrosby78

Thanks for that, hopefully I can work them out as good as the local park eventually 🙂 

21 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

Nice flatty buddy , sounds like you had a fun day.

Hi Sneaky1

Yep, a good day out it was, especially for me 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

On 06/09/2020 at 12:50 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Old Scaley

Thanks for that, and yep, it is quite amazing to see fish like flatties find there way this far up the river... And I know it's not a fluke because that's the third one in the 50-60cm range I've caught! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

I also should say an interesting story...

When on a Scout camp a couple years back, at Allawah (which is near Colleges Crossing), we chucked out a line with eel and prawn.

While there was no fight to it, guess what comes in - a 65cm flatty. I was just sad after that I didn't get to reel it in because my dad thought it was a weed and let some others reel it in. 😉 

Cheers Hamish

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I also should say an interesting story...

When on a Scout camp a couple years back, at Allawah (which is near Colleges Crossing), we chucked out a line with eel and prawn.

While there was no fight to it, guess what comes in - a 65cm flatty. I was just sad after that I didn't get to reel it in because my dad thought it was a weed and let some others reel it in. 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Bream, jacks and flatties aren't too uncommon in brackish or even fresh! Not from personal experience, but have seen on the youtubes 

Edited by samsteele115

21 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Bream, jacks and flatties aren't too uncommon in brackish or even fresh! Not from personal experience, but have seen on the youtubes 

Hey samsteele115

Yep, I have seen too. I reckon the creek could hold some corker bream/flatties, judging by the amount of bait. Surely there'd be a jack or two around as well...

20 hours ago, Cavvy said:

Maybe I'll have to look at the electric motor someone has been pressing for......

Well I know I've been wanting that 300HP engine for the yak Dad! 

jet engine GIF

11 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Cracking croc mate. @Cavvy that second photo is a framer. Well done. 

You two are making fantastic memories, great to see.

And fantastic reports too thanks for that. 

Thanks Drop Bear, glad you enjoyed. And we'll be remembering this one for ages as it was one of our first flatties off the yak too!

Cheers Hamish