Reconnaissance Mission

ellicat

15 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

What caused the pin to fail?, did you prang into something underwater?

Not that I noticed Wazza. I was in 15 meters of water and didn’t see any debris or anything in the water. I called into the dealer on the way home but they didn’t have a replacement pin so I will be looking around tomorrow. The dealer did say that the pins are stainless steel but not marine grade so they do fail sometimes. When I pulled the prop off at home I can see that the pin has broken on both sides of the shaft and the bit in the shaft is not coming out easily so that is another job for tomorrow.

On 10/09/2020 at 5:16 PM, Old Scaley said:

Good to see you out on the water @ellicat. My plan today was to hit the front wall, fishing hard against the wall with unweighted mullet flesh under a float to try to get back on the leaderboard for bream. And to fish out the other side for a possible fluke big snapper. Half the plan worked (sorry Brian, I think I just pipped you). Lots of bream between 25 and 30 but only 2 over 30. The snapper lines were getting constantly hit by either tailor or small macs, and I got sick of having to tie new terminal tackle so moved into the river to fish the rising tide. Unfortunately my new minn kota decided to shred a shear pin so was out of action for the rest of the morning. Had a chat with Brian then went in search of a river snap, but all I got was more snip offs. Tried trolling a small slice because they were hitting the moving bait, but no luck. By now I had the sh#ts about the electric and the constant snip offs so called it a day.

As soon as this wind dies off I will go and troll some boards out there. I hope they are nice big macks or nice big tailor. 

• 2 weeks later...