Looking For A 4000-6000 Spin Reel Under $50

Brodie_S

Ok by now you guys are probably sick of me always posting tackle related threads . But I’m interested if anyone knows of any decent cheap 4000-6000 reels under $50 will probably get $30 pryml shadow reel from bcf if I don’t find anything  . Usually I would get a sienna 4000 but it’s a bit extra 

Edited by Breaming with bro

5 minutes ago, ellicat said:

You could always try the 2nd hand market. I picked up a couple of 6000 size Shimano Baitrunners for fifty bucks a pop a few years back. Both spooled with 50lb braid too.

Hey Brian

Yep, that is a great idea. I have now become like @kmcrosby78 and browse Gumtree (I normally try to snap up dirt cheap cast nets or look at the reels for parts if there's no good deals), and I think you could easily find a good reel on Gumtree compared to a new one.

Breaming with bro, here is my advice. If you get something like a $30 reel brand new, it's going to be pretty crappy. I think the Jarvis Walker 6000 reel I got lasted OK, but that's only really good for casting big baits. Keep looking on the second hand market for good deals, don't try and get a cheapy because it will be K-mart quality (or worse!).

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

12 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Also team south prepare to lose there’s going to be a twist this time . And this time it should go to plan and big fish will be caught and landed 

Bah. That's what ya said last time, Breaming with bro.

And by the looks of it you got squat all? 😜 

Cheers Hamish 

11 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Mackerel . Tuna . Queenie. Trevally. Coming soon to team north . I’m renting a boat ....... for a week to say on! It’s a little pricey but the prices have come a lot because of covid and is now affordable . It’s also a smallish boat not a big yacht or anything 

Do it! Good luck mate. 

I like the Sienna for a cheap but ok reel but like ellecat said try for some second hand ones. Being patient and buying quickly when you see a good'n is the trick.