One + Two = Three

Allnighter

Jeezus nice show on the sounder. Good tips as well. 62cm is pretty good for the southern bay by my standards anyway. It was a cracker afternoon to be out. Maybe my contributation is Fresh Bait, bait from the servo is not going to cut it.

Note to self: If @Allnighteris at the ramp rigged up for snapper fishing follow him! (Just kidding of course)

57 minutes ago, Allnighter said:

Hey Sam,

some weighted to around the bottom and some a metre or two under the surface with floats

we felt unlucky not to have had a better result on that trip, but hey, that's the challenge of fishing sometimes...

So an unweighted livie out the back whilst fishing lures I'm a chance at a snapper? That's great to know 

58 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I certainly hope so. Feeling a little despondent after yesterday's results.

Mate we only saw one boat get 1 tuskie there was not a lot of action and I have heard many boats lately have been having donuts at curtain. It’s bloody hard to fish when your hitting the bottom 100m away from the boat. 

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yep, there's a lot of water to cover out there. We came back to Mud for the low at a spot I sounded up last week where the bottom comes straight up from 7m to 2.5m. We gave it a half arsed go. Nothing in the deep bit but the shallow gave me a small tarwhine to avoid a donut. haha I will keep persisting and eventually find somewhere I can figure out.

I’m hearing ya. It’s bloody tough to find a good spot.

On 18/09/2020 at 2:24 PM, Allnighter said:

You may have passed some of the good fish on the way out to woop woop........

I still remember as a kid fishing  " Oi Dad , let's go out deeper for the bigger bream"  🙉

Then when we re- anchored out deep and caught nuthin, i would cast straight back in to the shallows........ 🙊

Turns out sometimes the bigger breamies were in the shallows the whole time anyways... 🦈

Pro tip