Sportsfish Comp

GregOug

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

As I mentioned earlier the Redcliffe and Peninsular Game and Sportsfishing club are hosting a comp next month. Details below. Maybe we could organise a few boats and go out as a group and try and catch something. Could treat it as a get together. Details are below. @Drop Bear expressed some interest. Anyone else interested?

cheers

Greg

Hi All,

Not long until our 2020 Sportfish Competition from the 13th - 15th November, entries are starting come in now so get your entries in.

There will be plenty of prizes for all, cost is $25 to enter and kids accompanying an adult fish for free. With the 3 different Challenges there is plenty of chances to get out there and catch a fish. 

All the details and entry forms attached or go to rpgsc.com.au for more info.

The comp is going to mentioned on 99.7 Bridge FM daily so listen in. 

Looking Forward to seeing everyone having a go.

Thanks

Noel Day

RPGSC Recorder / Tackle Box editor

1 hour ago, Leosonfire said:

If I’m free I’d be keen and a good decky That will let the skipper catch most Of the fish 😝

I was first!  I think I am going to learn how to drive a boat soon apparently!  But thinking about it I would rather fish so maybe pulling the anchor in and I can bring baking!!  (Bribes). Lol.  But if no offers are forthcoming I see they have a land based option for the comp.  Maybe I will team up with Hamish and win 🙂.  I can drive us around Hamish.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

I was first!  I think I am going to learn how to drive a boat soon apparently!  But thinking about it I would rather fish so maybe pulling the anchor in and I can bring baking!!  (Bribes). Lol.  But if no offers are forthcoming I see they have a land based option for the comp.  Maybe I will team up with Hamish and win 🙂.  I can drive us around Hamish.

We can work out the logistics closer to the day. Just need to know how many boats and who is interested. Hang in there!

6 hours ago, Kat said:

Arr, me hartey, all we need to do now is commandeer a vessel for our fishing adventures!

11 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Arr, me hartey, all we need to do now is commandeer a vessel for our fishing adventures!

11 hours ago, Kat said:

Ha ha ha.  You crack me up!  Good idea but I don't have my boating license yet and you are too young to get it. 

I am super busy but will try and be part of it. I would be happy if you both were deckies. 

8 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I would target some snapper and some Mackerel.

I haven't really seen the rules so will have a look. 

The comp works on the length of your best five fish, so the longer the better. Mackerel would work. So would whales but they’re probably excluded. Then there are three categories. Shore based, bay and estuary, and offshore.

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

The comp works on the length of your best five fish, so the longer the better. Mackerel would work. So would whales but they’re probably excluded. Then there are three categories. Shore based, bay and estuary, and offshore.

Snap you beat me to it.  I was just about to say Mackerel would give a good chance of longest five best fish for a win.  If you were fishing the bay. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Who is keen for this ?

It is starting this coming Friday.

I would be - but I'm not keen on the fact it is a weigh in and kill only comp... That kind of puts me off targeting threadies as I wouldn't catch five and weigh them all in.

It's not exactly convenient either (school) so I probably will miss this competition. Sigh.

Cheers Hamish

5 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I would be - but I'm not keen on the fact it is a weigh in and kill only comp... That kind of puts me off targeting threadies as I wouldn't catch five and weigh them all in.

It's not exactly convenient either (school) so I probably will miss this competition. Sigh.

Cheers Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Actually is a photograph and release comp but you can also keep to eat and weigh in if you want. The rules actually state that catch and release is encouraged.

cheers

Greg

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Looking at the weather forecast, I don't think I'll be taking my boat out. However, I may decky for Greg if he decides to play.

I’m just up the coast at the moment but that sounds okay to me, depending on just how bad the weather is going to be! Lol. Can discuss further on Wednesday. Happy for you to be deckie too Kat.

On 09/11/2020 at 9:20 AM, GregOug said:

I’m just up the coast at the moment but that sounds okay to me, depending on just how bad the weather is going to be! Lol. Can discuss further on Wednesday. Happy for you to be deckie too Kat.

Back in Brissy now. Just checked the weather for the weekend. It would want to improve a bit from current forecasts. We’ll check again Thursday I think.

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

This friday.... OUT. I am helping with the Wynnum Fringe Festival. I hope to see you there! 🙂

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

I have to say, it's not looking good. I can't do Sunday which is pretty dodgy anyway, but Friday and Saturday it'll be blowin' pretty wild by the looks.

Yeah. I would have thought about going in 10 to 15 but over that is just too uncomfortable.