West Peel Artifical Reef

Nirvana

I am thinking about going for a look over West Peel Arti Reef in the coming weekends. Last time that i went for a sound over it i was hardly impressed, the marks that i have on the reef balls are flat as a pancake, with no shows of fish in the vicinity. That was May last year though.

Is it worth my time? Have any of you guys got anything on it? On nice days you see heaps of people over there but whether they catch anyhting is a different story.

Nice work @Another Wazza. Was that West Peel arti? It doesnt say in his report. I think i might have a sound around if anything looks interesting i will have a cast otherwise i might go for a look elsewhere. 

The boys at the Pub keep telling me stories about the houseboat but i have been fishing it occasionally for 3 or 4 years and wouldnt have pulled 2 decent fish of it. My niggling suspicion that the "boys" are full of ____ is becoming a relization. 

Theres plenty of good ground in that vicinity that is more promising so if i get anything good there i will post pics and a report here.

8 hours ago, Nirvana said:

My niggling suspicion that the "boys" are full of ____ is becoming a relization.

haha gold. 

There is plenty of good country around Peel. The trick is do keep at it and do different things at different times until you work out a pattern. 

I don't hold much hope for West peal artificial reefs though. 

Nice work @Another Wazza. Was that West Peel arti? 

Hey mate, without giving too much away 🤫, I got them not too far from West Peel, as for the artificial there, I have been told by a reputable friend that it can fish very well, however, certain sections of it fish better then others, and there is a lot of homework to do, I too was like Drop Bear and didn’t have much hope for it, the structure is a far cry from the pipes and other goodies out at Harry’s, but I don’t see them adding to it anytime soon, you live in hope, and die in despair.

As for the houseboat wreck, I haven’t pulled anything great off it, I’ve had much better success about 500 metres away, in saying that though, the fish aren’t always there either ☹️

6 hours ago, Another Wazza said:

Nice work @Another Wazza. Was that West Peel arti? 

Hey mate, without giving too much away 🤫, I got them not too far from West Peel, as for the artificial there, I have been told by a reputable friend that it can fish very well, however, certain sections of it fish better then others, and there is a lot of homework to do, I too was like Drop Bear and didn’t have much hope for it, the structure is a far cry from the pipes and other goodies out at Harry’s, but I don’t see them adding to it anytime soon, you live in hope, and die in despair.

As for the houseboat wreck, I haven’t pulled anything great off it, I’ve had much better success about 500 metres away, in saying that though, the fish aren’t always there either ☹️

Cheers for the info mate. I reckon after the 500m comment i might not be the only one from this forum having a sound around that area this weekend. 😆