Fire!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Looks the goods mate. 

I love cooking on open fires. That flavor is something else imo.  

They are also extremely hypnotic. I can stare at them for hours. Lose time deep in thought or just switched off from the world. 

You'll make plenty of fires throughout your life while camped on the side of a creek fishing. 

I did venturers for a little at Victoria pt when I was 16. More of a hang out kinda thing.

I wasnt a patched member so to speak, i just had friends that attended so the bloke running it let me hang out there with them. Had a ball. Unfortunately I started working and well, never returned. But they taught me my knots that I use every day.

Good bunch of folks down there at Vic pt....and up at karingal. 

On 15/09/2020 at 7:24 PM, Junky said:

Looks the goods mate. 

I love cooking on open fires. That flavor is something else imo.  

They are also extremely hypnotic. I can stare at them for hours. Lose time deep in thought or just switched off from the world. 

You'll make plenty of fires throughout your life while camped on the side of a creek fishing. 

I did venturers for a little at Victoria pt when I was 16. More of a hang out kinda thing.

I wasnt a patched member so to speak, i just had friends that attended so the bloke running it let me hang out there with them. Had a ball. Unfortunately I started working and well, never returned. But they taught me my knots that I use every day.

Good bunch of folks down there at Vic pt....and up at karingal. 

Hey Junky

(Bit late getting back on this thread. Oops)

Yep, I love cooking on fires. They are very fun to just sit around and keeping going. I need to get out camping sometime!

The knots are very handy. I like them as I can impress my mates when I'm the only one in the class who knows how to lash. 😉 

I've camped at Karingal before. Like most places, I like it there!

On 15/09/2020 at 8:09 PM, ellicat said:

Just remembered you were chasing firewood a month ago before my Glenlyon trip. I have a 15kg bag you can have next time we meet. Remind me as I am old and forgetful.

Cool video.

Hey ellicat

That would be perfect. If/when we cross paths (I guess weather dependant), I'll happily take it! 🙂 

On 16/09/2020 at 3:48 PM, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. Tugger organises some awesome camp oven cooking at the socials. A huge feast. 

Hi Drop Bear

I have read about them in some old threads. I'd love to go to one!

Cheers Hamish