Check These Bad Boys Out

Leosonfire

14 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I was thinking they would be good to put on a second or third hook on paternoster rig. Sort of like how the do surf poppers in South Australia. 

Hey Drop Bear

Unfortunately in QLD tidal waters it is illegal to have ore than two hooks on one line. 

It states on the Fisheries website that 'up to three fishing lines are permitted with a total of six hooks'.

That would mean two on each line as a maximum. Three hooks on one line would probably help though, especially when catching reefies and the likes of that on the paternoster rig. Go the triple header! (joking)! 

Here is the link (scroll down a bit to the 'Fishing Lines' section. 

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/boating-fishing/rec-fishing/rules/equipment

Cheers Hamish

P.S. In freshwater it is one.  

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

You can have 6 hooks in total, so a combo of 3,2,1 is possible within the rules I would think.

Yep, it could be something like that seeing as though they don't specify. 

But would that mean if you had one line out you could have six hooks on it? I bit weirdly worded I would say! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

32 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Yep, it could be something like that seeing as though they don't specify. 

But would that mean if you had one line out you could have six hooks on it? I bit weirdly worded I would say! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

sure can. Bait jigs have 6 or 8 hooks ... can't remember exactly... haven't used a bait jig in a while.

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Drop Bear

Unfortunately in QLD tidal waters it is illegal to have ore than two hooks on one line. 

It states on the Fisheries website that 'up to three fishing lines are permitted with a total of six hooks'.

That would mean two on each line as a maximum. Three hooks on one line would probably help though, especially when catching reefies and the likes of that on the paternoster rig. Go the triple header! (joking)! 

Here is the link (scroll down a bit to the 'Fishing Lines' section. 

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/boating-fishing/rec-fishing/rules/equipment

Cheers Hamish

P.S. In freshwater it is one.  

Nah mate you can have 6 hooks at a time. Bit confusing I know. 

Gang hooks are also considered one hook sooo. you could have 6 gangs of 4 hooks. that is... not sure, I ran out of fingers and toes.