Good Mixed Bag In The Nerang

Daryl McPhee

51 minutes ago, Kat said:

Hi Darryl

Being new to fishing and pretty new to the gold coast I don't really know what you mean by any parks on the Nerang river.  I am desperate to find some new spots - can you give me the name of a few parks so I can look them up?

Cheers Kat

Have a look on Google Maps/Earth and follow the Nerang from in behind Surfers Paradise up and you will see the vacant land/parks.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Hi Darryl

Being new to fishing and pretty new to the gold coast I don't really know what you mean by any parks on the Nerang river.  I am desperate to find some new spots - can you give me the name of a few parks so I can look them up?

Cheers Kat

Hi Kat. Ellicat is on the money. Just have a look at Google Earth/Google Maps and any of the small parks can produce fish. The second one in the video is Southern Cross Reserves on Cronin Island which is one of the more consistent spots. I have even caught a juvenile cobia there. In the Broadwater - Shearwater Park and Anglers Esplanade along Runaway Bay and anywhere along Marine Pde produce fish. There are also plenty of fish still at Shorncliffe Pier on the northside of Brisbane - this was from last week and we did well there this Monday as well. 

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Tasty fishing !

Hoping to get some of the same tomorrow night when we hit the Nerang.

Did I hear right that the whiting are better in the lower reaches on the outgoing ?

I generally prefer the outgoing tide in the lower reaches but I have caught fish on all tides.