Prawns At Pinkenba Boat Ramp

SteveW75

Hey SteveW75

The prawns aren't exactly 'on' at the moment (peak times around Summer - early Winter I think but I'm sure someone will be able to either prove me wrong or agree so don't take my word), but normally casting around night time on a slack tide will get the prawns. 

If you want to go over to the nearby Colmslie Boat Ramp, I know for a fact there's lots of prawns here. Night time on a high tide is the best, and often times you can get a few kegs casting. If you have Facebook, there's someone called 'Damo's Cast Netting' who may be able to help you a bit more if you contact him. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Damos-cast-netting-and-fishing-club-108255507629247/posts/

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Just now, jon said:

Yeah Hamish is right it’s a bit early in the season unless you just want to target a few for bait then you can get them all year round just not in huge numbers . We need some good rain in the coming months or the season won’t be so great

I sure need to stock up on some good baits, jon. A good kilo would make a difference with the dwindling bait supplies, that's for sure!

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Its gonna be a good year for rain... I can feel it in me bones. 

@SteveW75 welcome to the forum. 

You might get a few there at them moment but they wont be thick. 

Late Feb to early April is normally the best time for numbers and size but they are around at other times. 

I say give it a go and get a few sandwiches worth of prawns. Once you taste the fresh ones you wont go back to the frozen store bought ones. So sweet and delicious. 

Good luck and get out there.