ellicat

You forgot to mention the 500 pounder that I hooked but it got away. 😂 why a jet ski and a boat would cut across the stern at handshake distance when it was obvious we were fishing, AND I was emphatically waving them away, is beyond me.

It was a good night Brian, thanks for the trip. Not the 40 cm models we were hunting but a good feed none the less. Good times.

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Well done! that is a great session.

One day you will let me come along 🙂

We need a 2 or 3 boat challenge down there 🙂

Funny you mention that. I was just reading the first 2 boat challenge thread the other day where it was indicated it would be the first of many. Something went wrong and it didn't happen.

If you're keen we'll try to tee one up again soon.

13 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Friday next week? 

May be teeing something up with Hamish for next Friday, but we could possibly meld the ideas into one. I'll see what everyone thinks and then commit to a plan.

The tides are good for a mid morning to early arvo session on the whiting.

What do you guys reckon ? - @AUS-BNE-FISHO, @Cavvy, @Old Scaley, @GregOug, @kmcrosby78, @Drop Bear, @anyone else that is keen to meet up. That's potentially 5 boats.

14 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Count me in at this stage. Only concern would be how busy it gets on that river during the day, especially school hols? Anyone got any info re that? If not there we could try the Logan or Jacobs Well/ the Pin? 

ski lice is a problem in the Nerang. Even in the 6knot zones. It will be worse during school holidays I guess.

5 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

ski lice is a problem in the Nerang. Even in the 6knot zones. It will be worse during school holidays I guess.

I actually did catch one last night. Unfortunately it was not around the neck because he kept cruising away, oblivious to the fact that he was attached to my line somehow. 

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

May be teeing something up with Hamish for next Friday, but we could possibly meld the ideas into one. I'll see what everyone thinks and then commit to a plan.

What do you guys reckon ? - @AUS-BNE-FISHO, @Cavvy, @Old Scaley, @GregOug, @kmcrosby78, @Drop Bear, @anyone else that is keen to meet up. That's potentially 5 boats.

Hey Brian, and others

Yep. If we wanted (and if the weather is bad for the bay) we could fish the Nerang? 

I just looked on Willy Weather - seems the high is the go. If we launched mid-morning everyone, we could fish the high, then come back in, either go or target something else for the remaining hours (I wouldn't be sure though!).

Sounds like it might become a great day and plan.

Cheers Hamish 🙂

(P.S. I'll get Cavvy to comment on this later)

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Sounds good to me.

Unfortunately it probably won't work for me as we get back from Noosaville next Friday (although may stay longer if they get any cancellations). Keen to have a crack at some whiting though - only fished the Nerang once, which was in @youngy's boat and it's incredible the quality of whiting there.

Nice haul by the way Brian & Steve - did you have to fish many spots?

35 minutes ago, ellicat said:

No, just the one. I put 0.1 hours on the motor last night and most of that was waiting for the ramp to clear when we came back in. haha I'd only been there a couple of times at night 10 years ago and it did look a little different in the daylight, but I think we nailed it.

Might have to think about whether I go to the Nerang or somewhere else. If I’m taking my boat out I like to do more than 0.1 hours motoring in it. May as well buy a kayak. Lol

7 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Might have to think about whether I go to the Nerang or somewhere else. If I’m taking my boat out I like to do more than 0.1 hours motoring in it. May as well buy a kayak. Lol

Sounds like you should have joined up to a 'boating' forum then ......... 🙃🤔🤣