Friday 2/10/20 Get Together

ellicat

Count me in, either as deckie or skipper.  I would recommend seeing how many people are eligible and then working out how many and which boats to take. Given how unpredictable the wind has been, maybe one of the rivers would be the best option. That would mean organising bait on Thursday if we want yabbies or worms. 

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I am not sure I can make it now... but I am not disappointed haha. 

I got some great blood results back from some cancer surgery I had a few months ago and am throwing a F%$# cancer party. 

Sorry to let you down. Kat I would love to have you along another time. 

That's great news about the cancer Drop Bear!!! 🙂 Glad to hear you have been doing well.

Hopefully it's all up-hill from here 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Shame you can't come to the get together. 

7 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I got some great blood results back from some cancer surgery I had a few months ago and am throwing a F%$# cancer party. 

Hiya @dropbear no problem, no let down hadn't got my hopes up yet!  Anyway the FU cancer party sounds like a great thing for you.  My husband/partner passed away from cancer early 2018 so I can imagine what you have been facing.  Great news and very happy for you!

Cheers Katrina

Good to hear of your good results, Robbie.

I was thinking Mud snapper in the morning on the run in and then back into the river to chase a thready around noon or a bit earlier on the run out.

If Hamish and Dave don't come with me I will have room for a decky that enjoys pulling the anchor.

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Congrats Drop Bear , nothing like good news to begin the week with.

48 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Anyone else keen to join in ?

I’m probably not a goer at this stage, even though Moreton Bay sounds much better to me than the Nerang. A lot closer to the Northside. I am planning to head out around Lamb and Karragarra tomorrow with Hamish, Kat and my boys. If you don’t go fishing tonight you’re welcome to tag along. Leaving Victoria Point boat ramp around 7.30 am.

18 hours ago, ellicat said:

If Hamish and Dave don't come with me I will have room for a decky that enjoys pulling the anchor.

Hey Brian

Sorry for the late reply - my mum is in hospital right now so we have been really busy lately (she's OK). 

I am still up for the fishing, and I will have to be pulling the anchor up this time as my dad will be at home helping out my mum. (My dad is saying that I will not be strong enough though so maybe another AFO-er who doesn't have tiny arms could come too)

Also, I saw above you said going to Mud from snaps and then the POB - so will it be the bay area or the Nerang for whiting? 

Cheers Hamish

12 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Brian

Sorry for the late reply - my mum is in hospital right now so we have been really busy lately (she's OK). 

I am still up for the fishing, and I will have to be pulling the anchor up this time as my dad will be at home helping out my mum. (My dad is saying that I will not be strong enough though so maybe another AFO-er who doesn't have tiny arms could come too)

Also, I saw above you said going to Mud from snaps and then the POB - so will it be the bay area or the Nerang for whiting? 

Cheers Hamish

I have been working out at the gym i should be strong enough 😁

Okay, so we have 4 or five for Friday. Just talked to Steve and thought we could meet at the Port of Brisbane ramp at 5.45am for a 6am departure.

Hamish and Kat can draw straws for who goes with Steve (Old Scaley) and who comes with me.

@GregOug and  @Another Wazza, what time will you be off the water ?  I might go a bit earlier than originally planned for an explore around MacLeay myself. I'll have the VHF on Ch20.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Okay, so we have 4 or five for Friday. Just talked to Steve and thought we could meet at the Port of Brisbane ramp at 5.45am for a 6am departure.

Hamish and Kat can draw straws for who goes with Steve (Old Scaley) and who comes with me.

@GregOug and  @Another Wazza, what time will you be off the water ?  I might go a bit earlier than originally planned for an explore around MacLeay myself. I'll have the VHF on Ch20.

Are we talking about tomorrow? I probably need to be back in by 2 at the latest. Nearly an hour’s drive home then boat cleaning, engine de-salting, put back in the garage etc, then need to cook dinner!

I’ll try to get you on the radio but not real hopeful. Still can’t get any reception, at least in the garage.

Ok, so who is a definite for tomorrow (Friday)? @ellicat, @Cavvy, @AUS-BNE-FISHO, @Kat  Weather looks good early for Mud. Back up plan would be to fish the port. We can fish there on the way back in anyway. I would like to be back at the ramp around 1pm if that suits everyone so I can get the boat and any fished cleaned in time for a few football enhancers before the NRL/AFL finals kick off in the evening. I have plenty of bait and tackle, and Brian would be in the same boat (pun intended) so deckies should just bring favourite rod or rods (2 maximum), food and water, sunscreen and hat. Hamish, if your dad is not coming fishing, he could save himself a lot of time by dropping you off at my place, which is a lot closer to home than the boat ramp, if he is ok with that.

I am a definite for tomorrow 🐱 - I have never been to the port of Brisbane boat ramp so was wondering if there is parking and if so how long and is it paid/metered parking?

Also presume from message above I shouldn't go yabbie pumping this avo?  

Also I am very grateful for being taken out as deckie - and can pull up the anchor!

And don't bring my tackle to save room - or do bring it?

Cheers Katrina

40 minutes ago, Kat said:

I am a definite for tomorrow 🐱 - I have never been to the port of Brisbane boat ramp so was wondering if there is parking and if so how long and is it paid/metered parking?

Also presume from message above I shouldn't go yabbie pumping this avo?  

Also I am very grateful for being taken out as deckie - and can pull up the anchor!

And don't bring my tackle to save room - or do bring it?

Cheers Katrina

Hey Kat,

There is plenty of parking at the ramp and it is free.

Bring your own rod or 2 and your own tackle. 

It wouldn't hurt to bring live yabbies. They would be good for bream etc but I guess its up to the skipper.