Bay Bashing (in A Very Speedy Boat)

AUS-BNE-FISHO

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Good report as always, Hamish.

Good onya for getting everyone out there, Greg.

Shame the legals were hard to get.

Was the structure easy to land on down MacLeay way ?

It was fairly easy to find but anchoring on it once you had found it was another matter. Same old problem. The boat never seems to end up just over it. Or even near it apparently. Lol

On 01/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Sounds like a fun day out was had by all. Interesting capture there with the blackbanded amberjack - I've never heard of them before. Just looked them up and they grow to almost 6 foot!!!

Hey KM

Thanks for that - I had never heard of one either... In fact, I only thought there was one species of AJ!

I reckon it would be pretty hard to land if it was six foot... Maybe impossible 😉 

On 02/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, ellicat said:

Good report as always, Hamish.

Good onya for getting everyone out there, Greg.

Shame the legals were hard to get.

Was the structure easy to land on down MacLeay way ?

Hey Brian

Glad you enjoyed 🙂. If the squire/pinkies were a bit bigger we sure would've caught some keepers. 

Like Greg said, we found some good shows but it was hard to get right on top of it.

On 02/10/2020 at 6:46 AM, samsteele115 said:

Great report Hamish, and a wonderful little taste of the bay! Been kayaking for snapper yet? 

Ripper looking boat mate far out! @GregOug

Hope you had a good time @Kat! Awesome to get some fish too

Hi Sam

Thanks, yep, it was nice being in the bay. I haven't got around to going out in the yak in the bay yet - need to find a good time for my dad and I. 

23 hours ago, Junky said:

Great read Hamish. 

Def an AJ.  

You're a legend Greg. 

Thanks Junky, and Greg is definitely a legend! 

22 hours ago, GregOug said:

Well done Hamish.

There’s one thing I think you should add to your reports. I’ve noticed that you don’t have an actual ‘Fish Caught’ heading in the summation. It would probably be worth adding so you can quickly refer to back to relevant ones rather than having to wade through hundreds of them a few years down the track looking for info on fishing trips involving squire or reef sharks, for example. 

cheers 

Greg

Morning Greg

That's a great idea. Thanks. It will sure be good to not need to read every different report or try and remember what I caught in every different report! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂