Spot X At Mud 5/10/20 Morning Session

ellicat

6 hours ago, Another Wazza said:

I see you’ve got the grinners hooked on smoking now too, you must be a bad influence on them, and that’s a master stroke disguising a “senior moment” as blatant sabotage!, hahaha, poor Shaun, taking a tasty meal off him like that, I’m now wondering just how low you’ll go 😂😂

Shhh

🤣

Hey Brian

Shame about the lack of fish over those two sessions, but like you always tell me in the BR sessions that are bad your persistence will surely pay off! I reckon it's a pity that you didn't get rewarded on a good snapper.

Good job to Shaun for playing a catty on 4lb - that would sure be some fun. Bummer about the flatty realisation - it will be out there next time. 

Two questions though, have you been keeping record of the time, and was Spot X the spot where Kat, Steve, you, and me all went out to?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

17 hours ago, ellicat said:

I've only put 80 hours on it since I got it at the end of May. If only there were more good weather days.

Hey @kmcrosby78, did you get out for a fish at Noosa ?

That's a whole lot more hours than I've put on mine Brian 😞.  Yes did plenty of gentleman's hours fishing at Noosa but pretty quiet overall. Will do a quick report sometime this week - trying to get on top of some work after a busy holiday. 

Your unsuccessful night session at Mud reminds me of MANY similar sessions I used to have out there ......... 

20 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Brian

Shame about the lack of fish over those two sessions, but like you always tell me in the BR sessions that are bad your persistence will surely pay off! I reckon it's a pity that you didn't get rewarded on a good snapper.

Good job to Shaun for playing a catty on 4lb - that would sure be some fun. Bummer about the flatty realisation - it will be out there next time.

It was 4lb braid with 8lb mono leader, but  yeah when it first took off I thought I was no chance of getting it up, particularly after Ellie got reefed. But gradually I began to make ground on it...all the while imagining a big snapper coming to the surface and the stories I'd tell my grand kids about how I pulled this monster from the depths on 4lb....

So yes, needless to say when I realised it was a catty I was a tad deflated. That said it gave me a very enjoyable fight and I was happy to get him up.

11 hours ago, ellicat said:

Well, @Another Wazza and I hit up spot x today and had a good time despite not landing anything worth keeping, with a lot of unders. Wazza got snipped at one stage and I had my hopes up the mackerel might come on the chew. It wasn't to be.

Conditions were a little blowy early but settled down as the day went on.

The pursuit of a better spot x will go on.

Great to get out there mate. 

22 hours ago, ellicat said:

Well, @Another Wazza and I hit up spot x today and had a good time despite not landing anything worth keeping, with a lot of unders. Wazza got snipped at one stage and I had my hopes up the mackerel might come on the chew. It wasn't to be.

Conditions were a little blowy early but settled down as the day went on.

The pursuit of a better spot x will go on.

Bugger! You will find a good Spot X that ALWAYS produced one day Brian! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish