Suzuki 70 ---> 90

Drop Bear

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

So I have a Suzuki 70 and have been told they are the same engine as the 90. 

Anyone every upgraded a motor like this?

Can I just swap a spare part or where would I go to get it done? 

My 200hp engine is exactly the same engine as the 300hp. What in heck do you do to an engine to get an extra 100hp out of it!

As long as it is the same block. You should be able to do it. I havent done it myself on a modern 4 stroke but i would assume it is just an ECU maybe exhaust ports might be different.

18 hours ago, GregOug said:

My 200hp engine is exactly the same engine as the 300hp. What in heck do you do to an engine to get an extra 100hp out of it!

Think of it as a 300hp that is missing 100hp. The computers inside are what makes it less powerful. 

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

As long as it is the same block. You should be able to do it. I havent done it myself on a modern 4 stroke but i would assume it is just an ECU maybe exhaust ports might be different.

Think of it as a 300hp that is missing 100hp. The computers inside are what makes it less powerful. 

Thanks @Nirvana but I think I might give it a miss. As @benno573 said, I don’t really think I need any extra horses!