Diawa Sol 3000

I pulled the old diawa out wondering if I should take it to someone to have it repaired or just throw it at the next jet ski that comes to close. It's caught some great fish . But it only lasted 2 years the spool goes up and down but the bail doesn't spin is this fixable or should I just bin it ? Was thinking it could be a good spare reel if the Stradic turns out to be a dudd.

Atm its junky for a reel that’s over $300 .it’s petty crap considering that it only lasted 2 years .if you take it to get repaired after awhile the same problems will likely come back . My suggestion is if you can take it apart yourself and fix stuff in the reel go ahead but if you can’t or don’t want to just a bin it and buy a shimano Stradic FL or a daiwa BG. It really depends on how much you love this reel and how much you’re willing to pay to fix it . I find it hard to believe that a reel in that price range would be like that after 2 years. 

10 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Atm its junky for a reel that’s over $300 .it’s petty crap considering that it only lasted 2 years .if you take it to get repaired after awhile the same problems will likely come back . My suggestion is if you can take it apart yourself and fix stuff in the reel go ahead but if you can’t or don’t want to just a bin it and buy a shimano Stradic FL or a daiwa BG. It really depends on how much you love this reel and how much you’re willing to pay to fix it . I find it hard to believe that a reel in that price range would be like that after 2 years. 

Already have a Stradic was thinking about keeping it for a spare if I got it fixed , it's had  a hard life it's caught 2 Jews over 20lb and I've lost count of the longtails that have abused it was just hoping someone had the same problem and could tell me if it was an easy fix. As for the diawa bg not a fan gave mine to my daughter's boyfriend I liked my sol like Jen Hawkins but frowned at my bg like it was Susan Boyle. 

Screenshot_20201016-225055_Fishbrain.jpg

6 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I'd say the gears are stripped.

You could try ringing Duncan Chowns of dh reel repairs on 0439 717839 and run it past him. He will tell you if it's a bin job or a rough price to fix it.

He's at Capalaba.

Thanks ellicat your a legend , will give him a buzz on Monday. 

Ellicat’s idea sounds pretty good to me . Take it someone who know’s what their actually doing with spinning reels . Also why don’t you like the daiwa BG is it because of the weight or something I thought they were pretty good I’ve never own one but have seen people using them all the time and swear by em

57 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Ellicat’s idea sounds pretty good to me . Take it someone who know’s what their actually doing with spinning reels . Also why don’t you like the daiwa BG is it because of the weight or something I thought they were pretty good I’ve never own one but have seen people using them all the time and swear by em

I just didn't like the feel and after 20 mins on a Mac tuna the drag gets a bit jerky . But that's just how I feel about them every one has their own style of fishing and standards of how they like their gear to behave. I'm no better qualified to say what's the better reel but for me the sol won hands down. Another diawa I have a soft spot for is the saltist just this arv I got a 122cm shovel nose on my 6lb outfit the combo handled it like a breeze don't normally like shovels but on the 6lb set up he was fun.

20201017_163539.jpg

2 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yeah the saltist seems to work pretty well but how do you like you’re Stradic and how long have you had it for

Had the Stradic for around 4 months only caught 4 legal jew with it and probably a dozen mackerel so it really needs to get a decent fish before I can say I like or don't like it. I'm  actually more interested to see how my biomaster is going to handle some torture

I think Daiwa’s midrange reels come with 12 months warranty. You also need to read the fine print on these warranties. For example, I think with Daiwa the reel must have been purchased from a Daiwa stockist, been serviced by a Daiwa accredited service centre etc, etc. Not sure about Shimano but I woul$ be interested to know if anyone has successfully tried a warranty claim on a 9 year old reel. 

1 hour ago, Sneaky1 said:

Had the Stradic for around 4 months only caught 4 legal jew with it and probably a dozen mackerel so it really needs to get a decent fish before I can say I like or don't like it. I'm  actually more interested to see how my biomaster is going to handle some torture

Yeah I’ve had my Stradic for awhile it’s amazing for the price I’ve dunked it in water dropped it in sand then caught a massive queenfish with it and a few another giants .things basically invincible I’m surprised my feltdrag washer aren’t destroyed. Sometimes after catching big fish the spool will be warm to touch but it still feels and performs the same as the day I bought it . the queenfish I hooked went for like a 50-80m run in under a minute if you look at the original thread I say how people thought I hooked a boat that went past. I’ve had the reel probably like 6 months now one thing I will say it can’t take a long dunking there are test on youtube with water getting into the stradics within a minute but the odd 1-3 second dunk won’t hurt the reel as long as you clean it and do regular maintenance no need for servicing greasing and oil or anything like that .one time after I got smoked on a massive shark on my cheap 7000 eBay reel I touched the spool the thing was so hot I almost burned myself never buying a no brand eBay reel again they have extremely bad line lay and drag and weigh a tone to and not to mention they usually have very little line capacity for there size got smoked heaps of times on that reel 

11 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yeah I’ve had my Stradic for awhile it’s amazing for the price I’ve dunked it in water dropped it in sand then caught a massive queenfish with it and a few another giants .things basically invincible I’m surprised my feltdrag washer aren’t destroyed. Sometimes after catching big fish the spool will be warm to touch but it still feels and performs the same as the day I bought it . the queenfish I hooked went for like a 50-80m run in under a minute if you look at the original thread I say how people thought I hooked a boat that went past. I’ve had the reel probably like 6 months now one thing I will say it can’t take a long dunking there are test on youtube with water getting into the stradics within a minute but the odd 1-3 second dunk won’t hurt the reel as long as you clean it and do regular maintenance no need for servicing greasing and oil or anything like that .one time after I got smoked on a massive shark on my cheap 7000 eBay reel I touched the spool the thing was so hot I almost burned myself never buying a no brand eBay reel again they have extremely bad line lay and drag and weigh a tone to and not to mention they usually have very little line capacity for there size got smoked heaps of times on that reel 

Yep the Stradic has great line capacity  I was very surprised but I havnt got anything decent on mine yet . I could waffle on all night about why I like and dislike certain gear but at the end of the day it's pointless if we have different demands and style of fishing that needs to be met. 

Hi Sneaky

Taking it to get service may be a good idea. I am actually planning to take a few of my reels to DH Reel Repairs (especially my dad's 20 year old Barra King baitcaster which is apparently a collectors item). 

Otherwise, it may be a missing part in the rotor or gears... That would be my bet anyways.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Daiwa Warranty, Service and Maintenance Guideline

This guide is designed to be an aid for retailers and consumers to help clarify warranty, service and maintenance issues and FAQ’s regarding Daiwa Australia’s products.

Daiwa Australia, places a warranty card inside the box of all reels they import and distribute. If your reel does not contain one of these please contact the Daiwa service department immediately on 02 8644 8644 and we will send one to your place of purchase.

No reel will be considered for warranty repair or replacement without proof of purchase. Due to high instances of parallel and self importing, this guideline will be strictly adhered to.

The following are common complaints that will not be accepted for warranty purposes:

Worn or noisy ball bearings , drag issues i.e. ; worn, sticking etc (the above are classified as normal wear and tear)

Corrosion due to saltwater intrusion or neglect.

Internal or external damage due to neglect i.e. dropping or treading on a reel. Internal or external damage due to a reel that has been disassembled and/or reassembled incorrectly.

We see many reels sent in for warranty claims that have suffered terribly from saltwater ingress or that have been pulled apart and reassembled incorrectly, resulting in damage that Daiwa Australia is in no way liable for. Our warranty covers manufacturing fault or flaw and over 90% of reels sent back to us for warranty do not fall into this category. Time wasted sorting through non- warrantable issues, directly affects and increases the wait time for your legitimate warranty claim clients.

Despite what some may think, no one knows our reels like we do and one washer or shim out of place or non OEM grease alerts us very quickly that the reel has been apart. We Always Know!!!

Many screws holding Daiwa reels and their components together are assembled using locking agents and should never ever be unscrewed or undone. If they are, damage or failure will only be a matter of time. Many main/drive gears and main shaft assemblies are examples of this.

Reel and Rod warranty can only be assessed by a qualified Daiwa service technician ,so please avoid passing judgement in favour of warranty on behalf of Daiwa Australia. Rather, use this guide to assess what is perhaps not a warranty claim, with your client and if still in doubt, please contact the Service department of Daiwa Australia.

Reel Warranty

All Daiwa reels are covered by a one year from date of purchase original owner warranty

5 Year warranty applies to certain reels, these reels come with a warranty card. Please take the time to fill out this card and send back to Daiwa within 30 days of purchase to register your reel.

If the 5 year warranty card is not returned within 30 days, the 5 yr warranty is void but the reel is still covered by a one year warranty, as long as you retain original proof of purchase.

Electric Reel Warranty

Daiwa electric reels are covered by a one year or 200 hours of use from date of purchase original owner warranty

Daiwa electric reels come with a warranty registration card, please take the time to fill out this card and send back to Daiwa within 30 days of purchase to register your reel.

If the warranty card is not returned within 30 days this may invalidate the reels warranty.

Reel Warranty Does Not Cover

Daiwa products that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists

Daiwa products that are purchased from overseas

damage of malfunctions caused by the owners negligence, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse

normal expected wear

products that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications

products that have been serviced/modified by non-authorized Daiwa service technicians

Rod Warranty

Daiwa rods are covered by a one year from date of purchase original owner warranty

Rod Warranty Does Not Cover

Daiwa rods that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists

Daiwa rods that are purchased from overseas

damage caused by the owners negligence, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse

breakage due to rod being used with line heavier than that the rod is recommended for.

breakage due to rod being used with cast weight heavier than that the rod is recommended for

normal expected wear

rods that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications

products that have been serviced/modified by non-authorized Daiwa service technicians

Claiming Warranty

Warranties can only be approved by Daiwa Australia. To make a claim, whether they be warranty, faults or normal repairs the product should be taken to your local dealer or original place of purchase, they will forward it onto Daiwa Australia, otherwise you can contact Daiwa direct.

To request a warranty, please supply proof of purchase and a description of the problem you are experiencing, along with name, address and contact phone number to your nearest Daiwa dealer, original place of purchase or directly to Daiwa’s service centre.

Daiwa Service and Warranty Address

Postal address
Daiwa Australia
Attn. Service Dept
PO Box 7379
Warringah Mall NSW 2100

Delivery Address
Daiwa Australia
Attn. Service Dept
Unit G 134 – 140 Old Pittwater Rd
Brookvale NSW 2100

Contacts
Daiwa Service
Ph. (02) 8644 8600
Fax. (02) 8644 8666
Email: service@daiwaaustralia.com.au

Did you fill in the warranty card for the 5 year warranty

I personally would be giving daiwa a ring first before giving it to someone local I had the anti reverse fail on a sol 1000 and they fixed it within 3 weeks and it came back smoother than new,

12 hours ago, rayke1938 said:
Daiwa Warranty, Service and Maintenance Guideline

This guide is designed to be an aid for retailers and consumers to help clarify warranty, service and maintenance issues and FAQ’s regarding Daiwa Australia’s products.

Daiwa Australia, places a warranty card inside the box of all reels they import and distribute. If your reel does not contain one of these please contact the Daiwa service department immediately on 02 8644 8644 and we will send one to your place of purchase.

No reel will be considered for warranty repair or replacement without proof of purchase. Due to high instances of parallel and self importing, this guideline will be strictly adhered to.

The following are common complaints that will not be accepted for warranty purposes:

Worn or noisy ball bearings , drag issues i.e. ; worn, sticking etc (the above are classified as normal wear and tear)

Corrosion due to saltwater intrusion or neglect.

Internal or external damage due to neglect i.e. dropping or treading on a reel. Internal or external damage due to a reel that has been disassembled and/or reassembled incorrectly.

We see many reels sent in for warranty claims that have suffered terribly from saltwater ingress or that have been pulled apart and reassembled incorrectly, resulting in damage that Daiwa Australia is in no way liable for. Our warranty covers manufacturing fault or flaw and over 90% of reels sent back to us for warranty do not fall into this category. Time wasted sorting through non- warrantable issues, directly affects and increases the wait time for your legitimate warranty claim clients.

Despite what some may think, no one knows our reels like we do and one washer or shim out of place or non OEM grease alerts us very quickly that the reel has been apart. We Always Know!!!

Many screws holding Daiwa reels and their components together are assembled using locking agents and should never ever be unscrewed or undone. If they are, damage or failure will only be a matter of time. Many main/drive gears and main shaft assemblies are examples of this.

Reel and Rod warranty can only be assessed by a qualified Daiwa service technician ,so please avoid passing judgement in favour of warranty on behalf of Daiwa Australia. Rather, use this guide to assess what is perhaps not a warranty claim, with your client and if still in doubt, please contact the Service department of Daiwa Australia.

Reel Warranty

All Daiwa reels are covered by a one year from date of purchase original owner warranty

5 Year warranty applies to certain reels, these reels come with a warranty card. Please take the time to fill out this card and send back to Daiwa within 30 days of purchase to register your reel.

If the 5 year warranty card is not returned within 30 days, the 5 yr warranty is void but the reel is still covered by a one year warranty, as long as you retain original proof of purchase.

Electric Reel Warranty

Daiwa electric reels are covered by a one year or 200 hours of use from date of purchase original owner warranty

Daiwa electric reels come with a warranty registration card, please take the time to fill out this card and send back to Daiwa within 30 days of purchase to register your reel.

If the warranty card is not returned within 30 days this may invalidate the reels warranty.

Reel Warranty Does Not Cover

Daiwa products that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists

Daiwa products that are purchased from overseas

damage of malfunctions caused by the owners negligence, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse

normal expected wear

products that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications

Rod Warranty

Daiwa rods are covered by a one year from date of purchase original owner warranty

Rod Warranty Does Not Cover

Daiwa rods that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists

Daiwa rods that are purchased from overseas

damage caused by the owners negligence, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse

breakage due to rod being used with line heavier than that the rod is recommended for.

breakage due to rod being used with cast weight heavier than that the rod is recommended for

normal expected wear

rods that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications

Claiming Warranty

Warranties can only be approved by Daiwa Australia. To make a claim, whether they be warranty, faults or normal repairs the product should be taken to your local dealer or original place of purchase, they will forward it onto Daiwa Australia, otherwise you can contact Daiwa direct.

To request a warranty, please supply proof of purchase and a description of the problem you are experiencing, along with name, address and contact phone number to your nearest Daiwa dealer, original place of purchase or directly to Daiwa’s service centre.

Daiwa Service and Warranty Address

Postal address
Daiwa Australia
Attn. Service Dept
PO Box 7379
Warringah Mall NSW 2100

Delivery Address
Daiwa Australia
Attn. Service Dept
Unit G 134 – 140 Old Pittwater Rd
Brookvale NSW 2100

Contacts
Daiwa Service
Ph. (02) 8644 8600
Fax. (02) 8644 8666
Email: service@daiwaaustralia.com.au

Did you fill in the warranty card for the 5 year warranty

I personally would be giving daiwa a ring first before giving it to someone local I had the anti reverse fail on a sol 1000 and they fixed it within 3 weeks and it came back smoother than new,

Didn't keep the receipt  didn't expect it to fail but I did abuse it so I just gotta wear the cost I spose

Here is the Shimano version. A bit more customer friendly, but plenty of do’s and don’ts. The lesson here is, if you think you might want to make a warranty claim at some point in the future, make sure you buy from a Shimano outlet in Australia, register your purchase, and DO NOT attempt any self-servicing that is not specified in the manual.

Warranty Information

Here at Shimano, we believe that you, our customers deserve more than just quality products. Our warranty on the rods and reels give you added assurance on your investment. This is an extension of our commitment to you.

Shimano warrants to the original purchaser that this will be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for the period of ten years for reels and one year for fishing rods. Proof of purchase is a necessity for all Australian warranty claims

Register your product

Warranty Australia

Shimano fishing reels and rods are built with 'Unequalled Engineering Excellence', to ensure that you have many satisfying years of dependable performance and enjoyable fishing.

In Australia, Shimano Australia Fishing Pty. Ltd and in New Zealand, Shimano New Zealand Limited provide a TEN YEAR WARRANTY on all Shimano fishing reels imported by those two companies into their respective countries, against defects in materials and/or faulty workmanship. They will also offer a ONE YEAR warranty on fishing rods against defects and faulty materials. Our warranties are provided in addition to other rights and remedies that may be available to consumers under applicable law.

The warranty is effective from the date of purchase, to the original purchaser, for all rods (for a period of one year) and reels (for a period of ten years) purchased in Australia and New Zealand after July 1, 2003.

Shimano Australia Fishing Pty. Ltd. and Shimano New Zealand Limited will perform repairs or effect replacement, at their option, with no costs to you other than shipping charges incurred for sending the reel or rod to and from our Service Centre. This warranty does not cover claims arising from normal wear and tear, improper use or neglect or servicing. To the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not cover claims for any incidental or consequential damage resulting from or in connection to the reel or rod. 

This warranty will be considered void if it is found that the reel or rod has been subjected to unauthorised alterations, abuse or damage as a result of failure to provide the recommended care and maintenance.

If you are a consumer in Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.

To make a claim under this warranty simply send the reel or rod (at your expense) together with your Shimano WARRANTY CARD, proof of purchase and a description of the problem you are experiencing with the reel or rod, along with your name, address and contact phone number to your nearest Shimano dealer or directly to our Service Centre at:

Australia

Shimano Australia Fishing

2 Wurrook Circuit, Caringbah, NSW 2229, Australia

8 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Here is the Shimano version. A bit more customer friendly, but plenty of do’s and don’ts. The lesson here is, if you think you might want to make a warranty claim at some point in the future, make sure you buy from a Shimano outlet in Australia, register your purchase, and DO NOT attempt any self-servicing that is not specified in the manual.

Warranty Information

Here at Shimano, we believe that you, our customers deserve more than just quality products. Our warranty on the rods and reels give you added assurance on your investment. This is an extension of our commitment to you.

Shimano warrants to the original purchaser that this will be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for the period of ten years for reels and one year for fishing rods. Proof of purchase is a necessity for all Australian warranty claims

Register your product

Warranty Australia

Shimano fishing reels and rods are built with 'Unequalled Engineering Excellence', to ensure that you have many satisfying years of dependable performance and enjoyable fishing.

In Australia, Shimano Australia Fishing Pty. Ltd and in New Zealand, Shimano New Zealand Limited provide a TEN YEAR WARRANTY on all Shimano fishing reels imported by those two companies into their respective countries, against defects in materials and/or faulty workmanship. They will also offer a ONE YEAR warranty on fishing rods against defects and faulty materials. Our warranties are provided in addition to other rights and remedies that may be available to consumers under applicable law.

The warranty is effective from the date of purchase, to the original purchaser, for all rods (for a period of one year) and reels (for a period of ten years) purchased in Australia and New Zealand after July 1, 2003.

Shimano Australia Fishing Pty. Ltd. and Shimano New Zealand Limited will perform repairs or effect replacement, at their option, with no costs to you other than shipping charges incurred for sending the reel or rod to and from our Service Centre. This warranty does not cover claims arising from normal wear and tear, improper use or neglect or servicing. To the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not cover claims for any incidental or consequential damage resulting from or in connection to the reel or rod. 

This warranty will be considered void if it is found that the reel or rod has been subjected to unauthorised alterations, abuse or damage as a result of failure to provide the recommended care and maintenance.

If you are a consumer in Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.

To make a claim under this warranty simply send the reel or rod (at your expense) together with your Shimano WARRANTY CARD, proof of purchase and a description of the problem you are experiencing with the reel or rod, along with your name, address and contact phone number to your nearest Shimano dealer or directly to our Service Centre at:

Australia

Shimano Australia Fishing

2 Wurrook Circuit, Caringbah, NSW 2229, Australia

Wow shimano frown upon a lot of stuff too.

3 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Hey Sneaky - there's a guy called Slazmo based at the Gold Coast. You can find him on FB or I can pass the details if you can't find him. Send him the details and he will be all over it.

This is the guy that I know lots of top end owners will send their reels to (megabass, exists, stellas etc).

Thanks mate already booked with Duncan he was all over it before I went into any fine detail  the man definitely knew his stuff. Definitely appreciate the info , thanks bud