A Day In The Bay

ellicat

5 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Brian, Greg, and Kat

Good one, despite the lack off fish seems like you had a solid day out.

Shame you didn't get to fish those marks North of Moreton because the wind decided to pick up.

What were you mainly trolling for? Mackerel or Tuna?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hamish, we were trolling for anything that would take our lures! We aren’t very fussy.

Just now, GregOug said:

Hamish, you may have to do some research on rigging baits like garfish, mullet etc for trolling. I think we have the trolling bug now but I’m too old to learn anything new. Lol.

*Changes book from murder mystery novel to "Al McGlashan's Fishing Bible" and reads up on the trolling section* 

@GregOug your boat is too nice to get fish blood on it! But if you do want to, try targeting a single species each time you go out And don’t change your mind cos it’s a bit slow. Start with more abundant fish like winter whiting or bream or flathead then you can move up to reefies and pelagics. That will give you the best chance of catching something rather than lots of chances of catching nothing. 
the best fishermen and women I know Have a plan before they go out Based on weather, time of year and recent fishing reports and stick to it.They honestly believe they will catch their target fish rather than “anything will do”.  It sure looks fun zooming around in your boat but try to limit your moves - you can’t catch anything with the lines in the boat! 
I’m sure success is just around the corner..

Allow me to indulge in an analogy. Say you were given the opportunity to photograph the Sports illustrated swimsuit calendar in its heyday (1996-1998). There are 12 amazing swimsuits to photograph and a handful of quite plain clothes horses (supermodels) wearing them. To have the best chance of a successful shoot, do you line all the suits+ models up and shoot them all together Willy Nilly? Or do you focus on one at a time and really study their curves, patterns, behaviours and eating habits and  spend a little bit of time observing and waiting for the right moment? It would be no good offering Heidi a nice cold glass of bubbles With a strawberry in it if you knew she didn’t drink champagne cos the bubbles go to her head and strawberries cos the seeds get stuck in her perfect teeth. Try swooping in with a nice bottle of chilled Fiji water at the end of an arduous sand session and maybe a comment about how the blue water brings out the azure in her eyes...that will get you the best shot at the shot with her, then you can move on to the less easy ones 🤣

fishing is just like that! In my mind anyway

E0A0952C-D6DE-4ED8-B536-F03435741A6A.jpeg