A Couple Of Trips

Do$tylz

Tide dropped off so sent the boys on a yabbie pumping mission.20201004_153441.thumb.jpg.bdbc961ec71dacc41b048acd77e75069.jpg

Man - those flats that you can only get to by boat are stacked with huge yabbies. Also was interesting to see the creek is going to be cutting itself off soon. It's starting to form a shortcut over the mudflats and cutting off the sharp bend.

@ellicat yeah my mates kept the flatty, trev and 3 bream for a feed. And man - I love the sunrise. It's so beautiful and peaceful. Although I forgot how much harder it gets to hit sunrise in summer. 4:15 and the sun is just starting to show light on the horizon. 3am wakeups are tough when you have to roll straight into the office and do a full day.

@jon yeah bro 😄 I'm so happy seeing it back on the water myself. Hit the 11yr anniversary with it this week and am stoked that it's still kicking. Hopefully see you out there soon man.

@AUS-BNE-FISHO mate it's a great spot for a yak or landbased too so you should give it a go!

@kmcrosby78 Thanks Kelv. The couple of double IPAs may have helped make those smiles bigger than normal 😄

@crazywalrus YEP! sure do Ted. It was is pretty average shape for a while. I finally got it home after about 6 or 7 years of being either at Angus's house or my sisters or my mates. Over those years as things broke, I never got a chance to fix them and it needed a good clean and wash after life at Angus's where it became his cats favourite place to sleep 😄 So spent a few months taking it all apart, cleaning, rewiring, replacing, respraying and servicing to get it back to water worthy. She's almost back to the same glory as when i bought it off @bigtez. Just gotta replace the re-circulating pump in the livewell and pony up for a new trailer. Currently running on a cheapo 2nd hand trailer that I wouldn't take on a long drive or over bumpy tracks.

22 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

@ellicat

@crazywalrus YEP! sure do Ted. It was is pretty average shape for a while. I finally got it home after about 6 or 7 years of being either at Angus's house or my sisters or my mates. Over those years as things broke, I never got a chance to fix them and it needed a good clean and wash after life at Angus's where it became his cats favourite place to sleep 😄 So spent a few months taking it all apart, cleaning, rewiring, replacing, respraying and servicing to get it back to water worthy. She's almost back to the same glory as when i bought it off @bigtez. Just gotta replace the re-circulating pump in the livewell and pony up for a new trailer. Currently running on a cheapo 2nd hand trailer that I wouldn't take on a long drive or over bumpy tracks.

I can imagine what it was like. They do not fair well when off the water. How was the motor, it cost me 2k to get mine back on the water.  Did you paint the famous black and green colours again?

On 21/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, crazywalrus said:

I can imagine what it was like. They do not fair well when off the water. How was the motor, it cost me 2k to get mine back on the water.  Did you paint the famous black and green colours again?

Mate - so lucky the motor was fine. Had an old work colleague help teach me how to service the motor, but we didn't start her up at the time because the fuel in the tank was old. When I finally got round to trying it out, it wouldn't start. Ended up being the carb that needed a cleaning but since then - she's been running like a dream.

Yeah kept the original colours too. Respray was forced on me due to all of the bubbles under the paint that were forming. They were all filled with salt which was starting to eat away on some parts. Found a few pinholes that were easily filled and she's water tight again 🙂