Top Water Tailor On Fraser

jon

34 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Looks like a great trip was had. Looks like it paid off heading the extra miles.

@Damien2Rad is damo's username.

Well done on the pb. Never sight cast for them before, they must have been some big schools.

No the funny thing was the were only very small patches, I think this was just the remenance of what had been flogged for the past few months. The thing was the water was so flat and clear and they were only in about 2 metres of water. If were were in the surf there’s no way we would have spotted them. We thought they were bait balls initially

Yeh cheers man it was so good. We seen six or seven Spanish cruising the flats but unfortunately never had my big rod handy at the right moment. Did Look a bit out of place with all the tailor fishos Along the beach when I started launching 180 mm stickbaits on the dogfight tho😂

Edited by jon

Hi jon

Awesome job - that is a haul I could only dream of (and after seeing those great photos probably will, Lol). 

Shame you didn't manage a Spanish but I'm sure everything else counts for it. @Kat, Fraser is certainly on my bucket list too. I can't wait until I'm old enough to get my first fourby and take it on a good trip fishing up there 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, jon said:

Did Look a bit out of place with all the tailor fishos Along the beach when I started launching 180 mm stickbaits on the dogfight tho😂

Yeah but they woulda been hella jelly over the dogfight (new one or old model?) and the topwater action. Alvey and pillies on gang hooks vs dogfight and topwater? no competition 😄

29 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

Yeah but they woulda been hella jelly over the dogfight (new one or old model?) and the topwater action. Alvey and pillies on gang hooks vs dogfight and topwater? no competition 😄

Yeah mate just wish I hooked up. It’s the old model 7000h. Got it this year completely unused from a collector at a Really good price.

36 minutes ago, benno573 said:

Thanks for the bump - had missed this one. Cracking trip mate. Awesome feeds of whiting there. How bad was ngala getting up there?

Nah nagala itself was fine just the people who were using it, not so much. Seen quite a few people who need to get some new tyre de flation gauges I reckon

Wow thanks for the bump. Like Benno I don't know how I missed this one. What a fantastic trip!! 

We will be on the western beaches but will try and look for some schools. Hopefully the spotties will be in and we can get a few past the sharks. 

Cracking trip mate. Nothing beets sight casting to fish with topwater lures! 

On 29/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, Drop Bear said:

Wow thanks for the bump. Like Benno I don't know how I missed this one. What a fantastic trip!! 

We will be on the western beaches but will try and look for some schools. Hopefully the spotties will be in and we can get a few past the sharks. 

Cracking trip mate. Nothing beets sight casting to fish with topwater lures! 

Good luck hopefully there’s still a few tailor about for you!