Never Thought He'd Say That

ellicat

Thanks @ellicat. It was a fun day. Shame there weren’t more keepers but I am looking forward to chowing down on that grassie. @AUS-BNE-FISHO, the bigger one was 40cm and very fat so I got 2 good fillets from it. That Wello spot was insane for the number of bites and how many small fish were willing to commit suicide.

55 minutes ago, Kat said:

Awesome Grassy.  You look very happy @Old Scaley!

Did you guys get any thunderstorms while you were on the water this morning?

Cheers Kat

Always happy to be on the water @Kat. We hardly had a sprinkle while we were out there. There was a bit of thunder around when we got back to the ramp but we missed that storm too.

8 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Always happy to be on the water @Kat. We hardly had a sprinkle while we were out there. There was a bit of thunder around when we got back to the ramp but we missed that storm too.

I only had a shower today at my school, but it was overcast for most of the day. 

Apparently it has been going inland and missing us (according to Gary, Youngberry the weatherman, or at least tomorrow it's going inland.) I think the rain is good to green the lawns up again though. 

Cheers Hamish

3 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Do you normally take a bath at school ........ 🙃😆 (sorry, dad joke, couldn't help myself .... 🙂).

No, I normally take an arvo swim in the beautiful brown muddy yucky Brisbane River to clean up from my hard day at school in air conned class rooms while watching 'Shrek' in English class (because we're doing an analytical essay on it). 😉 😛 

Cheers Hamish

5 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

No, I normally take an arvo swim in the beautiful brown muddy yucky Brisbane River to clean up from my hard day at school in air conned class rooms while watching 'Shrek' in English class (because we're doing an analytical essay on it). 😉 😛 

Cheers Hamish

Sounds better than walking the pool deck in the heat and humidity ...... (I love my job, I love my job, I love ........... 🙄🤪).

35 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Good to see you boating some fish, @GregOug. Tried you on the radio a couple of times for no result ??

We were watching those clouds around the traps also.

Could the side on waves have been a ships wake ?

They could have been. There was an absolutely huge container ship being tugged into the river as we crossed. Caught up with it just inside the mouth itself. Whatever caused them, it did a bloody good job! I did try you on the radio but that was about 2.30pm and heard nothing back.